New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have taken my car to a gm goodwrench for a service engine light!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is my username, i did not post the previous post but have some insight on what he is talking about. the original post was by another tech on my computer. You did in fact have a po415 code, which is for the air pump/system. i did in fact give a little help with your car, as in testing the air pump via the tech2 and it was functioning properly, i do know for a fact that at the time or well when the car was in the shop it did not have any other engine codes at all. But i don't have any insight about the o2's, you say that the code came on 3 weeks ago but then went away and then previous to you bringing in the vehicle to our shop it threw the CEL again. like i stated the only code was for the air pump when we diagnosed it. I was not involved in anything else on the vehicle nor the upsell of the o2 sensors, why dont you just buy o2 sims if you are worried about throwing codes and use the other information given in this post and tune it w/ ls1 edit, i am not positive but i believe you might be able to tune them out w/ that program. But furthermore i don't appreciate being called a troll non the less i have never given false info or had a bad attitude towards this site or its users. I just read what my associate from the dealer posted in this post and decided to chime in under my name and correct the stippulations "some" users may have about me. I do agree and back his statement saying that the only code was the air pump and you were in fact lying/mis-informed about the other codes or in fact wasnt stored in the ecu.
Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Nick
Old 01-17-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

The Above Post Was Infact My Post Under My Friends Username, When I Said This Is My Username Above I Meant Whtltone Is My Name.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Gratuitous Usage Of Caps In Innaproriate Places.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cats are going to last me forever ..... just sitting there on a shelf in my garage
Old 01-17-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you sure you checked out my car? All I know is that it was definitely not a p0415 code!! You must have me mistaken with somebody else! I have taken care of the problem already! It was definitely not a p0415 code!! I took it to a different shop and they took care of it no prob. Oh and I did not spend any money. Thank anyways!!
Old 01-17-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

yes im almost 100% positive it was your car, nbm trans am ws6 black zr1 style wheels, auto, w/ a lid, and dual tip'd exhaust? i can check the vin of the car we serviced if you'd like, i was not the tech assigned to the car but gave my assistance when needed, dont mean to come off as a ******** but i am seriously positive that it was only the air pump fault. i dunno well anyways good luck, have a good day.

Nick
Old 01-17-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well if that was the case than why did your tech representative clearly say it was an 02 sensor?? HMMMM. He obviously lied to me. Wow. Are you also aware that it is illegal what your tech rep told me.
Dont get me wrong I know that most of you guys know what you are doing but why did he have to tell me that it was something else? That is not a good deal! Let me know what was going on?
If he would have told that it was in fact the air pump that was damaged than I would have repaired it with you guys! Since I was told something else I went another route. After all it is my car.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

ok now that i got the story straight, this is what i was told. The fault infact was the P0415 for the AIR system, in testing and diagnosing the AIR system he found that the AIR was infact operating properly, meaning the air pump was turning on/off w/ computers command, also that there was no debris/water in the AIR system lines (which is common, the breather sometimes picks up water/debris- thats why on lt1's there was an AIR pump recall.) The tech then called tech line (GM technical assistance) they had told them there is a bulletin for replacing the o2 sensors due to the AIR pump fault. I do not have the specifics of as to why they want the o2's replaced to solve the AIR system fault. I hope this clarifies the situation a little.

thanks and good day,

Nicholas
Old 01-17-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks I appreciate your help. I had the sensors changed. Thanks!!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

hey metallic i have a question for you, how come your strut tower brace is shimmed up w/ washers?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
My cats are going to last me forever ..... just sitting there on a shelf in my garage
Forever!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by qwikz28
same thing happened with my car. they replaced it for free. they didn't tell me any specifics. my ses light came on, i brought it to the shop, they told me one of my cats went bad, and they replaced it and i was on my merry way. when i got home i put the car on the ramps to see what they did, and sure enough there was a new cat on my car. i'm surprised they didnt give me hell for it cause the other cat was scratched pretty bad from bottoming out. i guess this is a common problem if we both had the same problem and both our cars or 02s. i guess we'll see though.

jacob
Same with mine also. I bought my car with the SES light on and made the dealer, (well established), put in writing that they would fix whatever the cause was for the SES light. (I am currently reading this from the service report.) They did an engine analysis and the computer threw a "P0420" code, which is Catalytic Converter Low Efficiency. The service writer informed me that GM has a 8 year/80,000 mile waranty on the catalytic converter. And that it would be replaced at no charge to me. I had only 51,844 miles on my car at the time. I will say that I had absolutely no mods on my car at the time this was done, which is probably why it was so hassle free. I see that the problem had to do with something else in this situation. But, I just wanted to post this for future reference. If your car throws a P0420 code and is less than 8 years old or less than 80,000 miles on the clock and you want/need to keep the converter for whatever reason, GM has a free replacement waiting for you.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have those on there because the tower brace slightly rubs against the intake manifold when I accelerate.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I LOVE taking my car to the dealer. When it's under warrantee it's all my imagination, I'm an idiot, or it's somehow the K&N's (and therefore MY) fault. When the warrantee expires I get up-sold a thousand dollars of crap I don't need, and they sabotage the car so I have to bring it back.

(sabotage is an unproven allegation, but those plug wires [all of them] were VERY loose when checked for a mis-fire)

AND... they're not all like that, because I took it to a different place, and the guy took pity on me and didn't charge me to tighten them back down.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
I LOVE taking my car to the dealer. When it's under warrantee it's all my imagination, I'm an idiot, or it's somehow the K&N's (and therefore MY) fault. When the warrantee expires I get up-sold a thousand dollars of crap I don't need, and they sabotage the car so I have to bring it back.

(sabotage is an unproven allegation, but those plug wires [all of them] were VERY loose when checked for a mis-fire)

AND... they're not all like that, because I took it to a different place, and the guy took pity on me and didn't charge me to tighten them back down.
Maybe you should learn how to spell warranty before you start talking **** dumb ***.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

The guys from the dealer. How can you go to work and charge someone 400 for an 02 install? That is 50.00 for the part and 350 for labor. You should go the jail. IMHO
Old 01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
The guys from the dealer. How can you go to work and charge someone 400 for an 02 install? That is 50.00 for the part and 350 for labor. You should go the jail. IMHO
We are in Chicago you toothless hillbilly.Tech here actually make more than 30 grand a year.I have no idea what that estimate was for and either do you.So go back to the coal mine.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Someone lock this thread. I think any furthur communicaiton can be handled by phone or PMs.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

theres no reason to be an ***. he was mearly stating that it was an outrageous price and there was no reason to charge 350 dollars to unscrew an old o2 sensor and screw in a new one. if anyone else needs to have that done, come to me...ill only charge 300
Old 01-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
theres no reason to be an ***. he was mearly stating that it was an outrageous price and there was no reason to charge 350 dollars to unscrew an old o2 sensor and screw in a new one. if anyone else needs to have that done, come to me...ill only charge 300
You guys add the ingredients.i'll just stir the pot.LOL

Quick Reply: I have taken my car to a gm goodwrench for a service engine light!!