Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car running like crap after header install-need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msbz_ls1
awesome..i need to get something like this setup soon..but ive heard my catback sounds like ***..with...pacessetters and y-pipe..or headers in general.

i got slp loudmouth
now if you like loud, the rasp of the LM wont bother you. the TSP rumbler i have at some rpms ive noticed it has a little bit of that rasp. but so far, all ive got are compliments. i drove up to ft. worth yesterday, and the few times i stopped, i got two "that sounds awesome"s and one "hell yeah". the only people i ever hear complain about the loud mouth with headers are people on these forums. the everyday people seem to like it. thats just what ive seen out in the real world.

and besides, if you dont like it, cut the resonator out of the loudmouth and weld in a dynomax bullet(like i have) or borla muffler.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont like it loud run the factory catback and install cutouts for when you want to play. I put my factory catback on the car this weekend, quite at highway speeds and sound okay when your in it.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
a little advice, dont ever try to run an LS1 open headers!
haha... I had to drive mine 45 minutes away on open headers to the exhaust shop.... It was not really that bad... I kinda liked it
Old 01-31-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SteelBallz
haha... I had to drive mine 45 minutes away on open headers to the exhaust shop.... It was not really that bad... I kinda liked it

i liked it at first too, until i realized that it was running bad. it took me a while to get it that it wasnt supposed to be running the way it was. of course, it didnt start the actual sputtering until about 20 mins into the drive.