New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailwhip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be carefull, thats how i crashed mine, 60MPH but i was hydroplanning, had it been dry out i think i would have been fine
Old 01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

when in doubt, both feet out. when in spin, both feet in.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was goin over a bridge ones..and swerved around a couple trash sacks in the road..don't ask me how they got there "Damn rednecks" ...but my *** end whipped out..and i went from one side of the bridge to other about 5 times...it was kinda kewl..knowing that i could of totally screwed my car up and didn't..and the marks show me completely sideways doing it to and don't ask me how i didn't hit the sides lol
Old 01-29-2005, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was driving home tonight (that was my plan) in some icy conditions on the interstate and a car hit the wall in front of me. Right after that happen a nice Lincoln tried to switch lanes in front of me and started fishtailing back and forth in front of me. I instantly thought of this post about tailwhip. He went back and forth till he came to a stop. Luckily for both of us I was going slow and he was going just a bit faster. So after all this and a few more cars off in the ditch and in the wall I called a friend and asked if I could bring my car to his house and let it sit till tomorrow. Thank God I made it to his house I didn't want to wreck it a week after I put a cam in it.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:34 AM
TECH Resident

This thread was meant to save your LIFE!
Congrads on the fortunationabiltiness!
Old 01-31-2005, 03:35 AM
Launching!

I used to be a fairly good tail-whipper, until a ricer decided to try and cut me off on a fly-by during cold/wet conditions 2 novembers ago, sometimes you get lucky and recover and others well...this is what happened

click here
Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Launching!

The day I got my WS-6 being naive and whatnot I decided to punch it in second going up an Onramp ( I dont remember the beginning speed ) Well the rear swung out on me. I got completely sideways but the car seemed to straighten itself out... Much like a few BMW's ive driven. I dont know much about the Z28 suspension but The WS6 seems very predictable and easy to control..
Old 01-31-2005, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It gets more interesting when you don't have a front swaybar, on snow tires. Just recently I fishtailed (dry road) while doing a U-turn and had to stop completely because it went so far sideways and wouldn't come back......I was heading for the median in the middle of the road. The car even died because of it. (first time it's died since the tune)
Old 02-01-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

November 5th I was cut off by a ricer and had to switch lanes to keep from hitting him. Ended up going all over the road unable to control it. Finally ended up underneath the gaurdrail pinned in the car, roof came down on top of me and head went through the t-tops. Gaurdrail was about 6 inches from my neck when I woke up.

Quick Reply: Tailwhip?