New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch grabbing in different places when shifting..

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch grabbing in different places when shifting..

I posted this in the manual tranny section and didnt get many replys. I got my SS about 2 months ago and sometimes when I am driving around and shift my clutch will grab in a different spot. Like more towards the top. Anyone know why this happens. I still have a factory warrenty should I bring it to the dealer and have them look at it? Thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 09:09 PM
wrencher

If it is covered take it in & see what they'll do. Only if you have a dealer you trust w/your car that is.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

I would also take it in to see what they have to say about it.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah sounds like something with the master...
Old 02-13-2005, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Yeah Im just gonna take it in tomorrow night, need to get a new speaker anyways one is blown... I have the lou's short stick on my car, they won't say anything about that will they?

Last edited by NBM2k2SS; 02-13-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Unless you know somebody at the dealer personally that will treat you right, I wouldn't even bother taking it to the dealer for this. Unless you can point to something that is specifically broken, any drivability issues will just be treated as an excuse for some dumbass to take your car out and thrash it, come back and say that everything is fine and it is supposed to be like that. This isn't a GM dealer thing, this is just a dealer thing. The "feel" of a car is subjective and no matter how bad it sucks if the car functions at all, it "feels" fine to them.

Save your car the abuse and work the issue yourself if you have the means. The first thing I would try is bleeding the system. Air in the system could cause variance as it expands (and compresses) differently than fluids with temperature changes.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I am still trying to decide if I want to take it in. I know if they drive it they are just gonna rag on it but I also have a problem with my suspension. After my car sits overnight or just sits parked for a little bit when I go to take of the is a creaking/cracking noise that happens when I first take off so I would have them look at that too. Anyone know what it would be??? I think it is comming from the suspension...