New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Trans Am or 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kow Im a little late but I have to give my imput anyways.

I have a Kenne Bell 03 cobra and a 99 T/A
If you want lots of torque and power that plants you in the seat real hard get the cobra, but If you want a car that is fun to drive ( summer t-tops ) keep the T/A
Old 03-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Go with the T/A
Old 03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Restricted User

All things considered, the T/A's interior is monumentally better than the Stang. Now i'm talking in context of the GT, because I sold them for a year...but I don't imagine the Cobra interiors being any different right?

The rear seats in both cars (f-body and stang) are a joke. So it really doesn't matter, but there is a tad more headroom in the f-body. Regardless, i'm 6'2" and can't fit remotely comfortably in either one. As for interior width (shoulder room) you can look at the center console of both cars and see that the f-body has more room. If memory serves me, it's only like 2" though.

Personally, I never found a stang to ride better than an f-body. When I worked at the ford dealer, a co-worker (*******) had a 2001 Cobra which he dumped $17,000 into for a Steeda package that gave him a whopping 380hp. I did get to drive that car though, and even with it's IRS, it still didn't ride as nice as my WS6 does now.

So my point is, we've talked the power differences to death. For me what it comes down to is style and comfort. There's not a big difference in the comfort area, but it's enough, that combined with much better styling, makes the TA a big winner in this contest.

Of course that's just my opinion.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

03 Cobra IMHO