Sponsored by:

Z06 or C5

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
i would get a z06 for the same reason i would get an SS over a z28
same here, but even more so for the vette. There's a much, much bigger performance gap between a c5 and a z06 than there is between the different levels of f-bodies.

I think z06's look sooo much better than the base c5.

electron blue z06

and if my memory serves me correctly, something like 40% of vettes are black. It's by far the most common color.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by falconskaterjohn
...gotta love thos Z06's....I was trying to put a list of things together that i want but i am not too good with motor specs and such so bare with me... i was thinking LT heads, patriot heads, *insert name* large streetable cam, borla stingers, good brakes (stoptech or possible Baer or Brembo, 4.10 gears, 9" rear, Black powder coated Z06 rims with some nittos or some nice bf goodrich rubber, then possible send my car to EPP for their TT set up....so what do you guys think?? (yeah yeah flame me for not knowing my engine parts lol and making dumb mistakes on the set up) Anything else you guys would sugest before/after?? Problems i would run into?
yeah like i said for the amount of money and stuff your gonna put into it, there wont be much of the z06 package left. i would go with the base c5 FRC, imo. now if you were looking for a sweet street car and planned on doing basic mods like exhuast and boltons, go with the z06.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

How much HP can i make off of basic mods? like bolt ons and such, i basically just want a great fast street car that i can drive everyday and is reliable. But, i wanna be able to take it to the strip like once a month or w/e...wow this is making me change my mind...idk how reliable that last set up i posted would be...
Old 03-10-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Z06 if you can, C5 would be great too. Wanted one since they came out in '97. Either way its a Win-Win in my opinion... hahaha.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
same here, but even more so for the vette. There's a much, much bigger performance gap between a c5 and a z06 than there is between the different levels of f-bodies.

I think z06's look sooo much better than the base c5.

electron blue z06

and if my memory serves me correctly, something like 40% of vettes are black. It's by far the most common color.

I agree....

Before you dont buy a Z06 just test drive one. What have you got to lose
Old 03-11-2005, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

How much HP can i make off of basic mods? like bolt ons and such, i basically just want a great fast street car that i can drive everyday and is reliable. But, i wanna be able to take it to the strip like once a month or w/e...wow this is making me change my mind...idk how reliable that last set up i posted would be...
well in that case i would advise the z06, throw a mild cam, boltons and a nitrous kit and your set
Old 03-11-2005, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hourang
well in that case i would advise the z06, throw a mild cam, boltons and a nitrous kit and your set
What kinda numbers would i be making with these mods do you think? Will it kill my motor a **** load if i put on nitrous? i am not very educated on nitrous

THANKS ALOT GUYS!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

I just have a thing for C5 coupes.. seriously though, the Z06 is better than a regular C5 in terms of performance.. But, is that all you're looking to get from the vette ?

For me, a car should have speed, look sharp, and be fun to drive.. While the C5 and Z06 both accomplish that, what seperates them is the COUPE!.. I really like taking the T-Tops off of my TA during summer [esp nights] and enjoy the breeze!

I'd sacrifice a few ponies to enjoy the vette with the roof off..

I'd buy a low mileage manual 97-00 C5 and mod it towards my HP goals!

Just my humble 0.2
Old 03-11-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

What kinda numbers would i be making with these mods do you think? Will it kill my motor a **** load if i put on nitrous? i am not very educated on nitrous

THANKS ALOT GUYS!!!
nitrous is safe as long as its setup right. i would say cammed exhaust z06 youd be around 400+ rwhp, then add a 100-125shot and your in the 500-550rwhp range.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

i def want a z06 bout right now lol i just gotta wait and be patient.. thanks alot again!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Launching!

iI wanted a Zo6 really bad but ended up finding a C5 FRC for a good price will alot of xtras in the susp. and already had an Xpipe exhaust from Magnaflow along with a Blackwing intake. Also, the suspension is stiffer in the front than a Zo6 but it does need shocks to make it just right. I paid 21k. Had original wheels brand new tires and a set of Z06 take offs with brand new Yok. AVS sports. I also have all the stock parts as well.

As for the motor, I rebuilt the top end with heads and cam about 2 months after I got it. Added a set of Jet Hot headers as well.

I would love to have gotten a Z06 for a good price but when I bought my FRC, there were not any great deals out there and I needed a car to replace my Z28 (which was a total loss in an accident). MAybe I will have one eventually to park ALONGSIDE my FRC!

Good luck, either car you win IMHO.

Derek
Old 03-11-2005, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

True....i mean come on its a Vette ( ) its a win win situation