Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sportline springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sportline springs

hey,well i just got done puting my sportline springs on & wow what a drop!!! i have read where some people have complained about there rear end being out of wac,(tires sticking out more on 1 side than the other)my car looks like everything is in good shape & lined up correctly.i have also read where i should get an adjustable torque arm since i dropped the car,which 1 do you think will work best for me & how do you know when you have it adjusted correctly???my car is a m6 & the rest of the suspention is stock.thanx john
Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

I was thinking about lowering my car a little but my friend has had to do almost full suspension cause **** started going wrong. I dont know, maybe its just his car though
Old 03-12-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by heymoej
hey,well i just got done puting my sportline springs on & wow what a drop!!! i have read where some people have complained about there rear end being out of wac,(tires sticking out more on 1 side than the other)my car looks like everything is in good shape & lined up correctly.i have also read where i should get an adjustable torque arm since i dropped the car,which 1 do you think will work best for me & how do you know when you have it adjusted correctly???my car is a m6 & the rest of the suspention is stock.thanx john
The rear end is off center but to the eye you wouldn't even notice it. It could be 16ths of an inch off but to your car that means all the difference. Adjustable panhard rod is the way to counter this and recenter the chassis over the rear for better weight distribution.

Now that you're lowered (specially with sportlines) your car does not squat like it used to when launching. This puts less weight transfer on the rear and provides less traction and a higher tendency for wheel hop. I'd say do some LCAs with relocation brackets first, and if that doesn't help you plant the rear better, then go with the tq arm. Subframes will help as well, I always recommend that being the first suspension mod.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heymoej
my buddy has sportlines onj his car, stock suspension otherwise, and his car rides like crap. its one of the bumpiest most uncomfortable rides ive ever had.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
my buddy has sportlines onj his car, stock suspension otherwise, and his car rides like crap. its one of the bumpiest most uncomfortable rides ive ever had.
lol... sounds about right. The springs will lower even further too once settled in some. Every spring needs a good shock to accompany the spring rate so if you're still on stockers better get ready to ride it cowboy! Hopefully the roads around you are pretty decent too, otherwise you could find yourself grinding all around town!
Old 03-12-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txhorns281
lol... sounds about right. The springs will lower even further too once settled in some. Every spring needs a good shock to accompany the spring rate so if you're still on stockers better get ready to ride it cowboy! Hopefully the roads around you are pretty decent too, otherwise you could find yourself grinding all around town!
the roads here suck!!!!!