Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Induction questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Induction questions

I'm planning on buying on of Roger's WS9 hoods and was wondering what I would need to make it functional. Also, is it worth buying an aftermarket lid if I'm adding an aftermarket ram air system? I've been looking at the SLP one but don't know if it's made to work with the ram air hoods or the regular ones. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

I think I've read that they are already functional. It might help to get he taller Air Box that comes in actual WS6 cars to give you more space for the air to go in.
And Yes, its worth to get the lid. It will work with any hood. Any lid will work the same. The only difference that I've read is that the Clean and CF Lids are a bit weaker. I'm not sure if this is true or not. Can Anyone comfirm this??
Old 03-12-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

the hood is built as a direct-shot ram air (debaffled) and will be completely functional for an LS1 setup. The taller WS6 box will aid with induction as well. However, you will still need a lid since the problem with the stocker is post filter/air cleaner. That should be about a 10-15 hp gain for you on the highway! As far as quality and strength of lids, they're all the same, some of the clear molds have a tendency to crack but you should be fine. MTI lids are cool, but don't fit all that well. Just get the lid that best suits your budget and don't worry about that good ole SLP tag. It won't net you any additional hp...