Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont go in gear!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont go in gear!

I was driving my car the other day and the clutch went down to the floor and just stayed there. When this happened I couldn't get into any gear, luclily I was near a parking lot so I coasted in. After about 15 min. the clutch finally came up, so I drove home. What could be causing this? does it sound like I need a new clutch? or could it be something else? My car is sitting in the driveway right now and wont go into gear.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattkimsey
I was driving my car the other day and the clutch went down to the floor and just stayed there. When this happened I couldn't get into any gear, luclily I was near a parking lot so I coasted in. After about 15 min. the clutch finally came up, so I drove home. What could be causing this? does it sound like I need a new clutch? or could it be something else? My car is sitting in the driveway right now and wont go into gear.

Sounds like you need to upgrade your hydraulics. If you don't wanna do that, you need to do some research on the drill mod. Upgrading the hydraulics to the 01/02 versions and preforming the drill mod on it will cure the problem. If you do that I would replace the clutch as well since you will have access to it. Go to the manual transmission section and take a peak there. Do a search followed by some reading.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks keenov
Old 03-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Launching!

It is your slave cylinder more than likely. Check under your car and see if their is an oil spot where the tranny mates to the motor. My car did the exact same thing. Changed the slave and master and voila!
Old 03-19-2005, 06:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

see sig....
you should find you answer
Old 03-20-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1ruben
It is your slave cylinder more than likely. Check under your car and see if their is an oil spot where the tranny mates to the motor. My car did the exact same thing. Changed the slave and master and voila!
Why would oil between the tranny and motor make a difference in the slave cylinder?
Old 03-21-2005, 04:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Why would oil between the tranny and motor make a difference in the slave cylinder?
he probably ment hydrolic fluid, a leak in your clutch hydrolics will definatly effect your clutch...