New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed the 02 WS6--> UPDATE w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beyond my $500 deduct., its on their dime - they opted to put on all new parts, so kudos for Geico.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Well they will always try to tell you it is totaled. I took mine to a body shop around where I live and they told me "the wrecked car is only worth $1200" trying not to laugh in their face. The engine is worth three times that on ebay. 1999 trans am. I made plans to drive it to Tennessee auto and its getting repaired right now. It drove fine. I was kinda pissed about the water in my seat from someone not being able to put my car cover back on. But it had rocker damage and a bends in the rear 1/4 panel.
needs a new drivers, fender door, and maybe some more stuff. But make sure it will be done right if you get it fixed. Also innless the car has sentimental value think about buying a new one. Mine I got when I turned sixteen from my mother so its kinda like something I was never going to get rid of. I also did not have full coverage. So now I have an "excuse to go extremly mod crazy" as Yenko said.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by f0xball
Well they will always try to tell you it is totaled. I took mine to a body shop around where I live and they told me "the wrecked car is only worth $1200" trying not to laugh in their face. The engine is worth three times that on ebay. 1999 trans am. I made plans to drive it to Tennessee auto and its getting repaired right now. It drove fine. I was kinda pissed about the water in my seat from someone not being able to put my car cover back on. But it had rocker damage and a bends in the rear 1/4 panel.
needs a new drivers, fender door, and maybe some more stuff. But make sure it will be done right if you get it fixed. Also innless the car has sentimental value think about buying a new one. Mine I got when I turned sixteen from my mother so its kinda like something I was never going to get rid of. I also did not have full coverage. So now I have an "excuse to go extremly mod crazy" as Yenko said.

Dude he already stated they said it's not totaled
Old 04-06-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, so here's the latest...

yeah, GEICO gave me a quote of $9500 last week, but I talked with the body shop after they started tearing into the job and they said they found a whole lot more (including a new strut tower), so that's not good news. The manager didn't state directly, but he was implying that it might be a wash.

One thing I'm worried about w/ GEICO in NY is that they only recognice the CCC for a quote of the vehicles cost. I'm worried because CCC is notorious for under-valueing cars... Any insight on this?

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Crashed the 02 WS6--> UPDATE w/ pics-crash1.jpg   Crashed the 02 WS6--> UPDATE w/ pics-crash2.jpg   Crashed the 02 WS6--> UPDATE w/ pics-crash3.jpg  
Old 04-06-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by IrateTA
Ok, so here's the latest...

yeah, GEICO gave me a quote of $9500 last week, but I talked with the body shop after they started tearing into the job and they said they found a whole lot more (including a new strut tower), so that's no good news. The manager didn't state directly, but he was implying that it might be a wash.

One thing I'm worried about w/ GEICO in NY is that they only recognice the CCC for a quote of the vehicles cost. I'm worried because CCC is notorious for under-valueing cars... Any insight on this?

Here are some pics
I had a wreck a little over a year ago. Side impact which took out my passenger side door, front fender, hood, tire, rim, steering rack & tie rod. Now they valued my damages at $5,000 and fixed my car because they declared it's value around $11k. I would think with your 2002 WS6 there is no way they can declare the car worth less then 15K when KBB on your car is $18,500.

You should be fine. Even if they rack the bill up to 11G's it should still be repairable vs totaled.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

worse case, they total the car, pay off your loan, and you can sell the buyback to me for really cheap...

i do have another 91 thirdgen shell a 02 LS1 would go nicely in...................
Old 04-06-2005, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IrateTA
Here are some pics
That doesn't look bad.. go do a burnout

Sorry to hear about the misfortune.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

That sucks about the wreck. Only 12k miles on it I hope it all works out for ya. Keep us updated on how it turns out.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

I don't have your VIN but this is what my NADA work account is telling me a '02 WS6 with 12K miles is worth. Don't you DARE let them lowball you.

The damage isn't "that bad". That should still be a fixer all day long.
Attached Thumbnails Crashed the 02 WS6--> UPDATE w/ pics-firebird.jpg  
Old 04-06-2005, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Also, there is some definate frame sway over to the right.

I'd love to see a copy of the body shop or insurance company's estimate...curious to what they wrote. Did they write to repair or place that 1/4 panel?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
Also, there is some definate frame sway over to the right.

I'd love to see a copy of the body shop or insurance company's estimate...curious to what they wrote. Did they write to repair or place that 1/4 panel?
The original quote was to repair the rear 1/4 pannel. After some time w/ the car, the manager called me and said he would allow no less than complete replacement.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, that sounds like what my GF did to her car...she read it and was like "wow, that's everything they replaced on my car!"
Anyway, her car didn't get totaled but it did take like 8 weeks to get it back! She really hit it hard! (she spun out on the freeway on-ramp in the rain )
Her total damage was almost 9K!
sorry about what happened man, hopefully you'll get your baby back soon!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

dude...you should sell me your hood
Old 04-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Teching In

i wish you the best of luck...my brother was hit by a semi and he smashed right into a gaurd rail and air bags went off...the body was totaled....so w/ the money from the insurance company he bought a Jeep...i really wish he would of gotten another F-Body...oh the car was a 94 Trans Am...slp loudmouth exhaust, k&n FIPK...i loved that car and i know he loved it too....i wish you the best of luck if you decide to fix it up....
Old 04-08-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck with the situation
Old 04-09-2005, 10:30 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

oh man those pics are horrid. best of luck with the new setup!

brad
Old 04-10-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow that blows!!!

Good luck man.

Geez that sucks.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

had my fair share of damge done to my car...did a total of $4000 worth in 2 wrecks.....lol my friend saw it and asked me if i went offroading

Quick Reply: Crashed the 02 WS6--> UPDATE w/ pics