New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of a Trans Am v. Mustang/Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In late 2000 I bought my wife a new '01 Ford Escape ( since traded for an '03 Silverado ). Our agreement was she gets a new car, and then I get a new car While I was there I test drove 2-3 Mustangs and a Lightening. I was pretty much set on buying a new Mustang, but the dealer pissed me off with their bullshit so I decided to go drive a T/A just to "see" . Wow what a differance. One is a "general purpose car" with good performance and the other is a "performance" car with exceptional performance. Great handling, power, aerodynamics, brakes, drivetrain ( except for the 10 bolt ) and looks all in one package. After I bought my new WS6 I used to go to the Ford dealer in my T/A to buy the Escapes oil filters and I'd always park right out in front of the showroom floor windows so everyone could see
Old 04-17-2005, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trans Am OR 03-04 Cobra would be theonly real choices.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

if u want looks,nothing beats a WS6 RAMAIR T/A in my books----they look angry in the front,tough in the rear-----
Old 04-17-2005, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racehead
In late 2000 I bought my wife a new '01 Ford Escape ( since traded for an '03 Silverado ). Our agreement was she gets a new car, and then I get a new car While I was there I test drove 2-3 Mustangs and a Lightening. I was pretty much set on buying a new Mustang, but the dealer pissed me off with their bullshit so I decided to go drive a T/A just to "see" . Wow what a differance. One is a "general purpose car" with good performance and the other is a "performance" car with exceptional performance. Great handling, power, aerodynamics, brakes, drivetrain ( except for the 10 bolt ) and looks all in one package. After I bought my new WS6 I used to go to the Ford dealer in my T/A to buy the Escapes oil filters and I'd always park right out in front of the showroom floor windows so everyone could see
That's awsome. And very well put on the performance.

The WS6 just looks like it's going to eat the car in front of it, like in the commercial they had some years back. Too bad they completely stopped advertisint he F-bodies. :nono.

Quick Reply: Thinking of a Trans Am v. Mustang/Cobra