Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird surge/idel issues **TAKE A LOOK PLEASE**REPOST

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird surge/idel issues **TAKE A LOOK PLEASE**REPOST

Kay this is gonna seem really freakin strange thing to ask, but it has happened with two different Gm vehicle (other was a 99 Jimmy). Basically in Alberta, on our way from work, every damn time we passed this one intersection our car gauges, revving, electrical, and air/fuel seemed to go berserk. The car would like either rev up (even if it was on cruise) or the gauges would go crazy, the car would lag and speed up randomly. It would only be for a moment, but every FREAKIN time! Now this car is doing the same thing at the International Speedway/Nova intersection in Daytona Beach. It went nuts!!! today we were waiting at a light, and in neutral, and it just revved it self, and than when we went to go into first the car had stalled!!!! and the other day same intersection while turning on an advance green, it starting almost lagging and sputtering and jerking! There a cop in the opposite lane and I am surprised he didn't pull us over considering how weird it looked!!!!
Anyway neither cars had any sort or problems like that previously at all, ........I know this sounds like a freak thing or some coincidence but it is getting to be like a little more than that!
Old 04-21-2005, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you computer? not sure
Old 04-21-2005, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

hmmm well sounds to me like you got a ghost chillin around that area where this is happening....jk but technically judging by the revving and stuff i would say maybe the MAF is going wack and sending everthing crazy like that...not quit sure though id sprinkle some holy water on the damn road haha
Old 04-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

okay so maybe if the MAF screen or the MAF itself is screwed? is it is a possibility there is something wrong with the idle air controller motor?

Last edited by Ravenkel; 04-22-2005 at 02:23 PM.