Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's needed for full exhaust swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's needed for full exhaust swap

Soon as I get me TA, I want to do full exhasut, long tubes, Off road Y and cat back.

Do i need a header install kit?

What about getting rid of cats, will it *** up the computer? How do I correct this?

Anything for the 02 sensors?

Thx
Old 04-27-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

the lts should come with everything you need, but i dont remember exactly. my hooker's did (either that or i had everything i needed already, cause i didnt need anything else). getting rid of the cats will set the SES light, but you can have it turned off. you might want to look into a small tune to get the full potential from the lts and exhaust
Old 04-28-2005, 12:53 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142
Old 04-28-2005, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

u need header bolts, gaskets, long tubes, y pipe, catback, and clamps, also if ur gettin rid of egr and ur long tubes have a place for them u will need block off plates, 3 i think. not to mention a jack, 4 jack stands, and socket wrenches.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

if you have a 98-00, you will need an expanding freeze plug for the intake manifold if you get rid of EGR. if you get rid of cats, you might as well get rid of AIR. if you don't want either system, get off road headers. you will need a tune, not necessarily a dyno tune to remove EGR and AIR. you will need a pair of O2 extensions. if you are waiting for any type of tune, then you need a set of rear O2 sims.

im doing my header install right now. have the headers on, just need to check to make sure everythign is tight and to reinstall the coils and throttle cables