New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car has weird studder, what could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car has weird studder, what could it be?

i have an automatic 2000 Trans Am and it has this weird studdering problem. When im driving around normal everything is fine, but if im at like 40-60mph and get on the gas just a little to accelerate the car does this jerking studdering. The whole car will shake. Then when im out of that range or give it a little more gas its fine.
Also when im at a stop and start going it does the same thing, but not so strongly. It feels like the car is bogging down or the tranny is not engaging right away.
The third thing is when im going WOT at higher RPMs and MPH i get a studder again that is sorta like im going WOT....get off it really fast, then back to WOT. The car is WOT the whole time (you can hear the engine isnt changing) but it just studders like that.

Anyone have this problem before or have any clue what it can be?

Im doing the A4 to M6 swap today so i will be checking the plugs and other stuff so im hoping its something small like a bad plug or the 4l60e and it will be fixed when i put the t56 in.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of what you mention sounds an awful lot like fried O2's causing the car to run extremely rich. I had horrible studdering, etc at partial throttle that was most notable below 3k rpm and a choppier than normal idle. Replaced the O2's with bosch part #13111 from autozone (rear corvette O2's) and all is fine.
Do you have headers?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope, no headers yet.

and what you said about all the problems being under 3k sounds a lot like what my car is doing. I'll have to get the new O2's and see if it fixes it

Last edited by jeeves744; 04-30-2005 at 01:12 PM.