Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emissions:to delete or not to

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emissions:to delete or not to

Okay so everyone knows that emissions equip. strangles a car......but how much? I want to start doing some real mods, ie; headers, cam, and intake, but im not to sure that deleting all the smog crap is something that is really all that necessary, or is it? Has anyone done a before and after dyno with just the smog equip. taken off. Would'nt I have to reprogram my comp if i decided to delete these, is that something that could be done with a tune??? Please let me know something....thanks guys!!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use high flow cats they should only take a few horsepower away. AIR/EGR don't really make a difference. If you rip out the AIR/EGR and install race style headers and go without cats you can have all that tuned out when you get a dyno tune for cam and/or heads. It's really very simple. So long as you either don't have to pass an emissions test or it's OBDII plug in diagnostics you will pass with flying colors.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unless your hardcore into racing for money and stuff i really dont think the cats/egr/air are going to rob that much horsepower...but ya maybe just get some high flow cats....i have some for sale for a good price untouched still in the box and i have pics so pm me if your interested