Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Am OR Ws6

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1formula
You can get the WS6 hood for about $600 and the raised airbox runs $100. Painting will be about $250 and you should be able to install it yourself. So the TA will look like a WS6 for about $1100 after you add some shipping costs. Since most WS6's cost 2-4K more then a regular TA it is definately cheaper to go this route as long as the smaller rims and lack of badge do not bother you.

I personally don't like the WS7 badge. But that's just me.
you're not including all the other upgrades that come w/ the ws6 that contribute to the 2-4k extra.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
i was wondering how much of a price difference could you find from a 01-02 ws6 to trans am? ive been looking and it seems to be alot cheaper for a trans am. but the only real reason why i would want the ws6 is for of course the hood, but could u buy a hood from like gm or something after you bought a trans am? becuase i knw slp sells the h/o hood which is kind of similar
thanks
If the only reason you want a WS6 is for the hood then buy a T/A. I always used to buy cars and then try to turn them into what I really wanted, only to be disappointed. That is why I bought a WS6. I dont need to "turn" it into anything...
Old 05-14-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

correction on the blackbird HP. 380 and im still not sure what the next number up is.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Good stuff...its a fight between people making excuses to themselves for not buying a WS6 or SS and people who paid the extra 2-4 grand for a WS6 or SS but realized you really dont need to...the bottom line is we all have f-bodies and despite what we paid or what badges we have, we all kick ***.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedZoutlaw
Good stuff...its a fight between people making excuses to themselves for not buying a WS6 or SS and people who paid the extra 2-4 grand for a WS6 or SS but realized you really dont need to...
The short version of what's been going on for five pages now.
I keep seeing this stupid thread on my user control panel, read it once every few days or so but don't really follow anymore...
Old 05-15-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by transam0486
you're not including all the other upgrades that come w/ the ws6 that contribute to the 2-4k extra.
But those other upgrades are only worth while to people who are keeping relatively stock anyway. For them it still might be worth it. For those of us who are going to build for drag racing we are going to upgrade suspension, get bigger rims in the back, skinnies up front and probably lose the front sway bar as well as any other weight reduction we can think of. So for us the best bet is to save the 2-4K and only get the hood.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedZoutlaw
Good stuff...its a fight between people making excuses to themselves for not buying a WS6 or SS and people who paid the extra 2-4 grand for a WS6 or SS but realized you really dont need to...the bottom line is we all have f-bodies and despite what we paid or what badges we have, we all kick ***.