New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does this sound???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 02:38 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm in ct and i bought my 98 ws6 (19K, mint condition, loaded, stock) for $16,000 (in feb 2004)... I paid a little more for it but i was very happy with it. when i was looking for ls1s back then, that was around the going price for the 00-02 z28s with lower miles and over a year ago. if you can get him down in the 16's i'd say thats a very good price, otherwise i'd keep looking around
Old 05-16-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
2002 Camaro Z28 41k miles, 6spd, t-tops, leather power everything etc. for $18,000. Im thinking this is an amazing deal. What do you guys think? What should I look for or do before buying this car, or something like it?
Retail in our area is 18 k for that car not to mention the time of year is going to dictate the price a bit. I'd keep on looking though. You might be able to find a 2002 Z for around 16 grand. Check the outlying areas like PA you might find one cheaper there. I got my 02 WS6 in June 03 for 27 grand, including tax, title, tags, etc. up in Hershey. It only had 7000 miles. Retail was 29 grand at the time.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Never pay retail.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Never pay retail.
but when you are going to sell, you expect retail.....
Old 05-19-2005, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

That really doesn't sound like a great deal. I'm in the south and I found my car at a dealer on Long Island. I finally bought mine last fall. Mine is a 2002 SOM SS convertible M6 and we negotiated over the phone before I flew up there and more after I arrived and drove the car. Look, the key to getting the deal you want is patience. You have to be prepared to walk away from a bad deal even if you think it's exactly the car you want. I looked for 6 months before I found the one I bought and I got up to walk out several times before we finally closed the deal. I flew to JFK with the idea that I would not be buying the car. I also had a return ticket and a promise that if I didn't want the car the salesman would take me back to the airport. Several times I got up and said " We're finished. I don't want the car. Take me to the airport." Each time, I got what I wanted. Remember, they need to sell the car they have on their lot, you don't need to buy it. You don't absolutely have to buy that car. As has been stated, you can buy '98's and 99's for a lot less. But they are 3 or 4 years older, and in my opinion, there is some advantage to having the '02 because it is the newest and last of the cars - at least for now. Leave the emotions and excitement home and take your time. Tell the salesman it isn't the color you want or you'd really rather have a Mustang, or anything to put him/her in a defensive position to have to make concessions to you. Make them sell it to you. Never shop for a car when you "need" a car. In the end, they need to know you have the ability to buy, and the will to walk away. Remember this too, dealerships often make more $$ on their used car lots than their new car lots. They give practically nothing for the trade-in and they always ask retail. Just use your head and don't get screwed. And if you just can't control yourself and walk away from a bad deal, buy a good lubricant and take it with you so it doesn't hurt so much when you get it up the butt.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey. I don't know if you are around new england, but if so look in the WANT ADVERTISER. I was flipping through it yesterday and saw a few 01/02 camaro's with <40k miles from around $12-14k. That car is fairly high even for around here.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

QUOTE: but when you are going to sell, you expect retail.....

True, but what you expect and what you get are two different things. You can ask retail, but most people do not buy cars at retail. A cars retail price is usually where the haggle begins, not ends at. People that do not understand this are the ones that get laughed at by the salesmen as they are driving away.