Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please Help.....

the car is a 02 m6 ss... I have the kooks headers with high flow cats, slp lid, and gmmg exhaust...it was all dyno tuned and ran awesome...but I just put on a ported and polished throttle body and now the thing runs like a dog...something isn't right....before I put it on everyone told me that I wouldn't have to get it retuned for just a throttle body...but this is rediculous...it runs like my car did before I had any mods...its more responsive at highway speeds...but everything else is really bad....HELP
Old 05-25-2005, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

few things you can check on the TB that will drasticly effect your power output and drivability...

first, most ported TB not only port off the lip that is restricting flow , but take it one better and fill the gap leading to the IAC sencor... after filling this gap with apoxy it is sanded smooth to match the rest ot the TB, then drilled to allow air to get to the IAC...
on a few i have seen the drilling part either wronge, or missed completely...
take a drill bit and inssure the hole is #1 present.. and #2 the same size as the hole in the aluminum portion of the TB...
if this part was wronge it would have been effecting your off idle driving , and your idle ... but would not effect your highway driving...(or wot)

the next thing i would check is your blade opening, and with it your throttle cable, and bump stop...
first have a friend(with the car off) put his foot to the floor... check to insure your blade is opening fully... if it is not check to make sure it is not hitting the bump stop.. if it is then you will have to grind this down to the proper size... if it is not hitting the bump stop then the next place to look is the throttle cable. inssure it is taught when in the idle position... there should be little to no play at all in it... if there is then you have found your trouble.
simply trace it back to a little black box... under the box housing your will find where your throttle cable connects to the peddle cable and the cruise control cable... you can tighten any of them from here...

the only other thing i would check is that your TB has a good seal to the intake....

hope that helps...
let us know how it turns out...
Old 05-25-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah...what he said
Old 05-26-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jaber about sums it up! good luck

have you scanned it?