Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car "sputters" only after a warm start

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car "sputters" only after a warm start

Alright guys, my car sputters only on a warm start. I have a h/c package on my car. About a month ago, It was raining hard as hell and the next day my rear 02 sensors went out on me b/c they got wet. I went on to replace them and figured I nwouldn't have to worry about it. Now, on a warm start, my car acts like it is not getting any gas. It starts it after about 30 seconds of driving and the car must sit for about 15 minutes. It will only do it once as well. I can push the thottle and it does nothing, just sitting there like it's about to die as I go rolling down the road. Once I pump the throttle a few times all the way down to the floor, it's fine again.

Also, it feels like it loses alot of power when this happens. But once I drive it around for 10-15 minutes or so, it's fine. On the same note, I was out racing the other nite and after about 5 hard races, it seemed to lose power.

WTF is going on? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Banned

Also, a good friend of mine (whom is my tuner, Alex Procter) went out with me the other day to look at what the car was doing with HPTUNERS. He said that it all looked fine to him. BTW, this guy definately knows what he's doing.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Banned

anyone?
Old 06-18-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

how many miles on the car? fuel pressure ?
more specs on the car what cam heads etc,you could try the PCM tuning forum here,prob more responses there...good luck

Quick Reply: Car "sputters" only after a warm start