Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tore up belt

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tore up belt

Tomarrow Ill be calling my mechanic but wanted to post this before I did. I just got my car back. It got a ton of mods done, but the only one that would affect my belt is the new cam. When I dropped the car off the belt was perfect. Today after getting it back I was told to allow a little time to cool the car off. (It also got gears) So I popped the hood to check it out. Anyway my perfect belt got tore up bad on the 50 mile trip. Chunks taken out, it looks BAD! I cant believe it was like that there because the mechanic would of replaced it, hes a stand up guy....anyone have any clue why?
Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 AM
Launching!

Maybe it would be easier if I wrote this in english! My mechanic installed gears, cam, and a whole bunch of stuff, over the past two weeks. He told me to let my car cool down, to give the new gears a chance to settle in once I got home. (about 50 miles from his shop) When I got home, I checked under the hood, and noticed my belt got chewed up bad. It was perfect when I dropped the car off. Im guessing it was perfect when I left his shop, since hes the type to have mentioned it. Im thinking when they installed the cam they somehow goofed up the belt placement. Any ideas??
Old 06-21-2005, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you did not notice it making noise when you started it up there?

if your belt was getting chewed up on the trip i would be surprised if you did not hear it....

start the car, watch the belt. find what is tearing it up... it should not be too hard to find.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Launching!

well it wasn't to hard to figure out. when day light came today, I checked it out. Seems someone misrouted the belt. How I haven't a clue. I didnt think a belt could stay on a car misrouted. It was hitting some trans lines. Got 2 new belts, and Im back in action!
PS: the shop is paying for their mistake!
Old 06-21-2005, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad it worked out for ya...