New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light flutter on fbody (you guys are right on)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light flutter on fbody (you guys are right on)

I wanted to let you guys all know you guys were right on. I posted some issues about my lights fluttering on my fbody. People said check the alternator. Well my money pit, I mean fbody kept stalling last night over and over. I checked the voltage when it was acting up (sometimes it worked fine) and it was 12.4 v. Today I put in a brand new alternator, and no light flutter, car starts perfect and everything is working. I wanted to post this because when i asked a chevy dealer the answer I got was its normal for the fbody to have bad grounds, and it can cause hundereds of dollars to pay a tech to track them down! If your lights are fluttering, check the alternator, and replace it with a good one....NOT ONE FROM AUTOZONE!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had my stereo lights blinking a bit lately, as well as a whining sound from behind/under the dash area that increases in pitch as RPM climb...did you have any whine issues?
Old 06-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Launching!

No I didnt have alt whine, you may want to check your grounds. Alot of aftermarket stereos aren't installed correctly. I own a electronics shop, I dont do car audio but know thats common