New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Owner of a 99 Z28 that doesn't even work..

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 02:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owner of a 99 Z28 that doesn't even work..

I bought a 99 Z28 w/ 95,000 miles thinking I would have my saved money and spend it on aftermarket products to get it to run smoother/better/faster. After buying the car on e-bay having asked the dealer many questions, I test drive the car. When I test drive I find myself at fault for not '*******' out the vehicle because when I leave (having purchased the car) I then realize that 3rd grinds when given power and 4th kicks it out. I e-mail the dealer who sold me the car, and after 3 e-mails its safe to assume that he will not help me, he believes that I fucked up the tranny. But I have asked 3 tranny guys and everyone of them say that the issues I have weren't caused from a trip from Houston to Austin, but were apparent all along. Apparently there is nothing I can do. So I have a 99 Z28 with a fucked up Tranny, Driver Window doens't roll down, rear trunk doesn't unlock, blinkers don't blink, I'm missing my passenger visor and I now just realized I'm missing my accellerator pad.. This sucks *** Now I have to spend my money on a car to get it to work.... If you'd like me to post the emails between me and the dealer, let me know and if enough peeps are interested, I'll post em..
Old 06-23-2005, 03:00 AM
On The Tree

TexasToys?
Old 06-23-2005, 03:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FrozenMonkey
TexasToys?
That's EXACTLY the first dealer that came to mind.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:23 AM
On The Tree

I was in a somewhat similar situation with my old 96 Z . Had about the same amount of miles as yours...anyway, I didn't test drive it at all (stupid I know) because at the time I couldn't drive a manual yet. It looked like all it needed was a tuneup, but after I got it home and checked, it needed a new clutch, slave cylinder, hydraulic lines, starter, and a big oil leak. I had to borrow money from relatives just to get the thing running, so that took all mod money and it remained virtually stock the entire time I owned it. Now I enjoyed the car regardless of all that crap and COULD have modded it a bit further....moral of my long *** story: Get it fixed, be patient, and it WILL pay off
Old 06-23-2005, 05:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

That sux. How much did you pay for the car?