New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased a functional SS hood..??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 04:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love if when people say the SS hood is functional....and then say they need to get the FTRA to direct air into the air box.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarodave98
why did you just post this? Just to be an *******? If its like beating a dead horse then get a life and stop posting your unwanted opinion.
Yes I was posting to be an *******, because you are being one and not listening to others opinion about it not doing jack **** for performance. If you want to consider it functional, which is totally fine, please tell us what function you want it to do. Because after reading your post:

Originally Posted by camarodave98
functional means it has a function. Non-functional means it doesnt.
When somebody tells you exactly what the 'function' of the ss hood is, and you reply like that. People stop caring and start flaming.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Funny how he said noone with SS's are replying saying it isnt functional and when some do he gets mad he gets mad and changes his story. Look its not functional for what you think it is, believe me.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how did I change my story? Whether YOU believe its functional or not is NOT why I made this post. I just dont understand why some of you insist on posting your OPINION. If you want to argue whether its functional or not, START YOUR OWN THREAD! I NEVER asked "is my hood really functional?" I asked if there was anything else needed to make it work at its best.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

You cannot make it work better. Buy a FTRA and be done with it.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

How can we explain how to make something work that doesnt do the function you tell us it does. Thats why we are putting in our 'opinion'. How can I tell you to do something to make it do a function it doesnt do ??
Old 07-30-2005, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

I'm an SS owner. I had a '98 Z28 before my SS. In my opinion I would say the SS hood has absolutly no benefit except for it's looks. As far as getting better gas mileage I would have to disagree. If you noticed better gas mileage it's probably because of your driving conditions, or the quality of gas you put in your car. Again, I call if you claim to get better gas mileage because you have an SS hood.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

All I can do is laugh now

You're so gung ho that your SS hood is making you power, that you bitch at everybody who replies (who knows what they are talking about) saying the SS hood is not giving you more power. You posted a thread asking if the SS hood gave anymore power, and you have had more than enough replies saying it does not

Just because your car is not my car doesn't mean I don't know LS1 cars. I know the SS hood isn't making you power, as it wouldn't make any power on my car, or any other Z28 (especially a stockish one). Hell a guy wtih a 500+ horse SS car even said it's not giving him any power, and all you can do is "wah wah i know it all dont post in my thread if you aren't going to agree with me." Honestly, you sound like a complete ricer
Old 07-30-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

If this **** head would do a search instead of screaming and crying like a little girl trying to justifity his spending, he'd know his head from his ***! The only proven "functional ram air" mods are the SSRA and the FTRA. Both have increased performance on cars up to .0-.5 a tenth and .1-.3 mph in the 1/4 WITH THE VERY BEST CONDITIONS. So quit ur bullshit excuses and SHUT UP!
Old 07-30-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
If this **** head would do a search instead of screaming and crying like a little girl trying to justifity his spending, he'd know his head from his ***! The only proven "functional ram air" mods are the SSRA and the FTRA. Both have increased performance on cars up to .0-.5 a tenth and .1-.3 mph in the 1/4 WITH THE VERY BEST CONDITIONS. So quit ur bullshit excuses and SHUT UP!
And the BRGA for WS6's

Quick Reply: Just purchased a functional SS hood..??