New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 00 formula NHRA owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005 | 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default New 00 formula NHRA owner

I would like to introduce myself and get some help from you guys about the plans I have for the car. I just picked up a 00 Formula NHRA edition. It came with a couple of mods already. It has a cutout, ASP pulley. Thats all the mods that I know about. There might be more but the dealer I picked it up from said the previous owner didn't mention any mods at all.
Anyways, my first question is this. I opened the cutout and its loud. I like it loud like this. Would it be safe to drive the car with the cutout open for a while?
Second is I am looking at some suspension mods. I wanted to get some control arms. I was looking at the boxed BMR control arms. Are they any good. Or do you guys recommend any others made by someone different.
Third is I was looking for some performance stuff. I saw that slp has a 400hp package. I was thinking to just buy all the parts that they have in the package. Not all at once, only as money permits. Anybody have the package. Im not looking for a very fast car. Just a little faster. I also read that kooks headers are better then slp. I was thinking to put the kooks on instaed of the slp in the package.
Well thats about it for now. Any help for the above questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 07-17-2005 | 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice car and welcome to the board. Opening the cutout won't hurt anything except for the POlice's ears. I have alot of BMR stuff on my car, no problems. Lots of great info here.
Old 07-17-2005 | 06:06 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Sounds like a sweet Formy!Congrats!

Running the cut-out open all the time won't create any problems...On my previous TAs I would run them open all the time...I liked the sound as well..A little raw but,MEAN!

Post pics if you have them!

-Milt
Old 07-17-2005 | 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I think you'll hurt your gas mileage quiet a bit w/ the cutout always open, when I bought my formula it had no muffler on it and my gas mileage nearly doubled when I put my catback on but other than that congrats on the car and WELCOME!