Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking to buy in NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to buy in NC

newbie here, hope I'm not in the wrong forum.

Been several years since I got rid of my 85 camaro. Thinking about getting a 4th generation and know next to nothing about them.

What can I expect to find for 7,500 to 10,000? Or do I need to wait until I've got 12 or 15 saved up?

Anyone in NC specialize in this type car? Anyone I should avoid?

I've found a 94 6 cylinder, the best thing is I've known the owners and I know it's been taken care of. If I buy it, how much trouble/expense is it to convert to a LS1?

how much difference is there between the firebirds and camaros?

looking for something as a daily driver. decent gas mileage that I can modify in the future as money becomes available.

thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Default Good luck in your LS1 search

To answer many of your questions about the 4th Gen F-Bodies I would suggest reading through this link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/213148-jrp-s-faq-commonly-asked-questions.html

Also, IMO it is better to by the car with the LS1 already unless you have time and money to spare. But, if you go that route LS1Tech has a great area here for that too.

Welcome
Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Hi. That link is very thorough. Like he /\ said, just buy one with the motor already in
to save some aggrevation. For under 10k, you'll probably find high mile ls1's and good condition lt1's, along with lots of v6's. 93-97=lt1; 98-02=ls1. good luck.