Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible mods, need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible mods, need help

Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and i hope i post this in the right section. I own a 02 Z28 A4 with 3.23 the car now has 30,047 miles and Ive only owned it for 3 months. My only mods are Flopac Slp Y pipe and the LMII exhaust. I am intrested in what your oppinions are as to what to purchase next. between headers or a hand held tuner. I have searched about the tuners and found that some people do not recomend the hand held tuners but no posts really give a good reason.
I am leaning more twards the hand held tuner over the headers because I know that some cars run a little weird after headers. And once i drop money into headers and TD set up Im not gonna be able to tuner it professionally for a while. And i dont want to spend money on headers and nt have my car run right till i get it tuned. So basically which of the two would you all recomend.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 07-25-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont waste money on a handheld tuner. ive actually seen people lose power when using some of them. get it tuned the right way with ls1edit or hptuners. i did headers on my car before i tuned it and it ran fine. once its tuned, you will find more of an increase from the headers and you can get rid of any codes the headers may set off. but like i said, do it right the first time and dont wast the 300 bucks or whatever it is on a hanheld programmer.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hand helds = crap