Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on a T/A

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on a T/A

Allright...i am kinda new to t/a's and all that...anyways, i've been searching for a ws6 for a while now, thats in my price range and isn't beat up...Well, i've giving up on a ws6, but know, i have any idea....how bout if i just buy a regular firebird? formula, or trans am, wit the raised spoiler, and just put a warbird hood on it, and some new rims and tires.....

What else would i have to do to convert it to a ws6? sometin wit the intake manifold....
i am searching for like an 00 or 01.....

One question i have is, would the bumper need to be replaced? or they use the same one on the ws6......

Thanks for the help!

Tom
Old 08-08-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only appearance diff.s are the hood and the wheels and the badge

The diff. between a TA and a TA WS6 is insignificant, get yourself a TA.

Oh and BTW all 01 and 02 F-bods have the LS6 intake, all 98-00 have the LS1 intake.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTP Horsepower
....how bout if i just buy a regular firebird? formula, or trans am, wit the raised spoiler, and just put a warbird hood on it, and some new rims and tires.....

What else would i have to do to convert it to a ws6? sometin wit the intake manifold....
i am searching for like an 00 or 01.....

One question i have is, would the bumper need to be replaced? or they use the same one on the ws6......

Thanks for the help!

Tom
A Firebird is a V6, you are stuck with getting a Formy, TA, or a WS6. Don't get a WS6, they are really overpriced now.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

What else would i have to do to convert it to a ws6?
There's no way to convert a non WS-6 into a WS-6, no matter what you do to it, it won't be a WS-6. The best you will have is a WS-7 (or WS-6 Clone).
Old 08-08-2005, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zoltan
There's no way to convert a non WS-6 into a WS-6, no matter what you do to it, it won't be a WS-6. The best you will have is a WS-7 (or WS-6 Clone).

I would have to agree....not that there is anything wrong with a clone, its just not the same. I have a WS6 and my cousin has a T/A and they were like night and day. My cousin said his car felt loose and out of control handling wise compared to my car, which it did to me also. He upgraded to 17 inch rubber which helped the handling alot, but cost $2000 for rims and rubber.....Currently around here, a WS6 is about $2000 to $3000 more...if you can afford it, get it..and to all the people who say get the regular T/A and spend the $3000 extra on mods, tell them your getting the WS6 AND putting $3000 in mods on...thats what I did.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help guys...Not gonna put any badges on it...i want the looks from a ws6 basicly....now, on a formula, are they the same bumpers compared to the t/a?

Tom
Old 08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

no a formual has a different bumper, and a ta has ground effects also, and the above post about handling is very true ive owned bot a ta and a ws6ta...the ws6 handles *much* better...there arent manydifferences but it is significant..i personally dont knwo why everyone says its not i dont know how many of those people ahve accually driven both tho., BUT you can put a ws6 hood ona formula OR a ta, both of them had the ws6 packageso it will only look out of place on a firebird v6.
to compare for yourself
Trans Am WS6

Firebird Formula WS6

Last edited by Cephiros; 08-08-2005 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Teching In

OK....T/A it is! LOL

Thanks!

Tom
Old 08-08-2005, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Mine is a T/A with the oem ws6 hood, but mine is cooler because they didn't make a ws6 in Blue-Green Chameleon like mine. A decent hood + painting will cost you probably around 700, better rims and tires will probably cost 1000 or more, and the suspension stuff is minimal, I think that a ws6 has stiffer springs and shocks and maybe a slightly bigger swaybar, but don't quote me on that. Even though if you add all of that stuff up it will probably be just as much or more than just buying a ws6, you will have nicer rims and a better suspension.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock stuff is crap anyways...... if you want REAL performance you will end up replacing it weather its a WS6 or not....

get a TA and slap a hood on it...
Old 08-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Well, whats nice, is i am a body man

Can't afford a ws6...i am not driving to another state to get one...plus all the one i've looked at around me, are beat to **** wit scratchs, some of them the badge was stolen.....interior is beat up.....the list never ends...and the people on here, sometimes sell ws6's, but there modded, and you know they beat on them......right now, theres alot of T/A's in my area...and i really havn't looked hard....so, well see....

Thanks for the opinions guys!

Tom
Old 08-09-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Well, whats nice, is i am a body man

Can't afford a ws6...i am not driving to another state to get one...plus all the one i've looked at around me, are beat to **** wit scratchs, some of them the badge was stolen.....interior is beat up.....the list never ends...and the people on here, sometimes sell ws6's, but there modded, and you know they beat on them......right now, theres alot of T/A's in my area...and i really havn't looked hard....so, well see....

Thanks for the opinions guys!

Tom
i dont think this is always true, just cuz a car is modded doesnt mean its beat to ****, granted msot of them are raced, but they are also, usually well tended too.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Yea....true....