Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted Camaro.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Teching In

I would have to go with the Trans Am...but as long as its an LS1 thats what matters
Old 08-19-2005, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

My problem with the Trans Am is the pop up lights. Other than that the ram air T/A is the best looking car on the road. But because of the lights I have to vote Camaro.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gkrocket
My problem with the Trans Am is the pop up lights. Other than that the ram air T/A is the best looking car on the road. But because of the lights I have to vote Camaro.
I think the Firehawk is the best looking f-body to tell you the truth. I wanted one so bad, but since they only made a handful, it was hard to find one...especially in the price range I wanted. My next favorite is the Camaro, and that is what I got. I like the SS hood, I just don't like the SS spoiler. I wanted to get an SS so bad, but I couldn't find one in the price range I wanted as well. My next choice was a Z28 and I found one I fell in love with and I ended up buying it. 2000 Z28 A4 with 60k miles for $10,500 that came with stock rims and tires, as well as after-market 16" chrome rims and tires. I thought I got a great deal. I love my Camaro!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Same things as asking whats more important, **** or ***. My vote would have to go: Not a Honda
Old 08-20-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're both things of beauty. Anything with an LS1/T-56 combo deserves respect. I was originally a TA guy ALL the way. Didn't even look at Camaro's. I wanted a TA for YEARS. But once I actually got around to shopping, the Camaro really grew on me. And when the time came to buy, the best deal I had in front of me was a beautifully clean, modded, Camaro SS. Go figure. I've had more than one person rib me a little for buying a Camaro instead of a TA, but I love my Camaro just the same.

They're both beautiful in different respects. The Camaro is a little more of a clean, no-nonsense muscle car. The TA is more of a "I'm going to beat your *** to next Tuesday", sexy, intimidating look. I like 'em both!

(Don't get me wrong...sometimes I see my car at night, and it just screams "Don't **** with this.")
Old 08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Camaro, the T/A feels like its the little sister to the Camaro, sides the T/A looks to butch for me, looks like she would ME! Camaro here
Old 08-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Teching In

I'd have to agree with sycotic_reject there. I do like the meaness of the T/A but the Camaro likes more elegant and humble but it's a bad *** on the inside. I think the camaro is definitely sexier too It's like James Bond and Vin Diesel, Bond is Sauve and cool and collected, and Diesel's like bulk and action type guns blazing.. you know?
Old 08-20-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol yeah sept couldnt you use some chicks instead? like pammy anderson for the camaro and China (9th wonder of the world, WWE...anyone remember her?) for the T/A!
Old 08-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

I own a SS and My best friend owns a WS6. We both bought them at the same time. we switch cars all the time and he's always complaining that he likes mine so much better and how much better it feels than his. it's to the point were he is selling his WS6 because he just dosnt like it. I must say that I dislike the WS6 I hate the head lights and I hate the Air Foil. The seering weel is skinnier and the seats feel cheaper. The whole interior just seems cheap. I love my SS and I have loves all t/a's and Camaros and Corvettes my whole life. but I havnt liked the way the way the T/A's have looked the last two gen's. So my vote went totaly with the Camaro
Old 08-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrp
let me paraphrase it:

guy one: well you drive a catfish
guy two: i'd rather drive a catfish then some batmobile wannabe

rince and repeat.
catfish forever!

I love my 'camaro. I could never bring myself to buy a car with pop-up headlights.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Trans Am. Without a doubt. The interior is nicer, and the car has style. There is also more variety in the models. Comaro: V6, z28, SS. Firebird: V6, Formula, Formula WS6, Formula Firehawk, Trans Am, Trans Am WS6, Trans Am Firehawk. Also, I'd say at least for Florida, for every 20 Comaros I see, I maybe see one Trans Am.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looked at both before for quite awhile ...loved the TA commercial at the stop light and I fell in love with it...researched them both then decided on the SS. I like to walk softly and carry a big stick and the SS did it for me. The interior of the TA really turned me off. Too busy/cheap looking. And the damn red lights I didn't like at all! I've been in love with my SS every since...It's a bruiser in a well tailored suit...much cleaner lines IMO and oh yeh...much faster!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

I guess I have to vote for "LS1". The camaro looks like a catfish to me and I hate the TA's high wing. I own a Formula and it is made out to look like a V6 right down to the plain-Jane black turn downs in the back. Oh yeah, and the Formula is more rare than a TA.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya know, everybody has their own opinion. When the ls1 WS6 came out, that's what I wanted. However I've always been a camaro guy. When I went looking, I couldn't take my eyes off the glow and look of the hugger orange on my Z. Last year I found a black 01 WS6 with an M6. Drove it, sorry, but my Z woulda ate that thing for lunch, I came away unimpressed. I took a WS6 last year on the highway and I was bone stock at the time. I know every car is different, and I don't want to offend anyone, but I think the Camaro is more masculine. I love the Z28, cause seems like everyone has an SS and even though my hood needs somethingon it, untill I find or come up with something fairly unique, it will stay a plain hood. It will never be an SS clone. Nothing against any SS's, their badass, I just don't see as many Z28's. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Evil POP UP headlights!!!!!

They do look a little better inside but those headlights are the worst part. Now the Corvette no longer has them.... WTG GM!!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by need-a-z
Evil POP UP headlights!!!!!

They do look a little better inside but those headlights are the worst part. Now the Corvette no longer has them.... WTG GM!!!!
Lol, yeah, seen many a "one eye'd winker" when they quit. A buddy of mine used to have to stop, pop the hood and crank them up by hand every time he needed his lights. naaa, not for me.

Again I'd like to point out, love both cars, they are badass, nothing personal against any of the poncho fbody's, just prefer the camaro.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

I love my trans am. White from the factory with the big nose ready to do damage. lol. Trans am gets my vote. WS-6!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like both of them, but the WS6 is my choice BY FAR. My buddy drove mine out my driveway this weekend, turned around and as he was coming back off the hill and around my circle drive it was PRICELESS! That front end and hood makes that car look like it could eat you...literally!!!

He had just looked at a 01 Z28 on fri, but when he came to my place and looked at my WS6 again he was like "If I bought that camaro I would never be as happy with it as you are this car." IMHO the people that think a camaro looks as good or better are only the ones that have a camaro. WS6 FOREVER!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

na like i said above, the T/A looks to butch for me!!

Quick Reply: Trans Am or Camaro