New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shitty gas mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned one good thing in high skool...how to do a really smokey burn out,till some old hag teacher thought there was a fire!!!! anyways we see a trend of removing o2's from stock manifolds and they will only last about 1000 miles...at any rate if you went to headers spend the cheese and replace o2's after all they are the only after the fact sensor that our pcm's communicate with
Old 08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
bought a fram fuel filter yesterday and plan on skipping school tomrw to put it in along with goin to tdp to get the clutch bleed for 20bucks

welp, you done? how did it go? by the by, it take 20 mins to replace it, you dont have to skip school to do it
Old 08-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Banned

damn i ended up not skippin school to do it, and didnt have time after skool either and i wont have time for a couple of days i will do it asap and let yall knw
Old 08-23-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't forget the rear o2's have nothing to do with milage or performance, they only monitor the cats. Just trying to keep ya from wasting money

plugs, wires, air and fuel filter always help but I wouldn't go spending money on every part untill you can get it scanned. Find a tuner in the area who can scan it and point you in the right direction before you start to guess.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Banned

BINGO! put in a new fram fuel filter and i can already tell im gettin WAY better gas mileage, excellent. i tryed to look at my old filter, i could not get it open but i drilled a huge hole in it and from what i can tell it is stock, but the filter was BLACK, thank you all for the help and the $$ im saving on gas