New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Bought '99 Trans Am on ebay... Some Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know! Its bullshit. Thats cool that you looked up the auction. Yeah a distant road trip except for you know... 230 miles into the D.C area.

I talked to Ebay about it and its all bullshit. Just becuase this company gives ebay a good business they wont do **** for me. They told me to contact square trade to get this solved. Well square trade conveniently charges $100 for some ******* person to sit behind a desk and tell me that I am fucked just because this company... "All pro Auto Mall" is covered under square trade. You know what... **** it. They misslead me on my auction and that is messed up.

Tonight I am filling a claim with the better business beurea and I guess the "free" aspect of Square Trade even though it wont do **** because ultimately it is the seller who decides if I get my money back... And im sure they will jump right on that boat and decide to give me my money back.

Anyways back to the fluid check thing. Yes I checked over all of the fluids and the oil was burnt, the tranny fluid was burnt but was full and the air filter was fu@ked. I just got done changing out the air filter, oil and spark plugs as well as differntial fluid and bullshit... For one the spark plugs have never been removed before as well as the differential fluid cap. So how in the hell could these jack asses put a car for sale that was given a green light for a distant road trip? Not too mention the breaks are so rusted I wouldnt be suprised if they are original as well.

OK...as for the bitching this is the last i will do. I did get a great deal and I love the car. The only reason I feel like bitching is because this company needs there ebay business taken away.

Thanks Guys!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely gotta watch ebay, never buy sight unseen.

I got my Very Clean 99 WS6 with 44K off ebay for $13,200.

Car was CLEAN as stated, but was not a REAL WS6.

Guy have me $500 back = $12,700

Car came with the WS6 hood, WS6 wheels, LT headers, Catted Y-pipe.

I had to add new plugs, wires, fuel filter, Hurst Billet shifter, and WS6 lower airbox to make it complete for $500.

I also added a skip shift, SLP lid, and Flowmaster muffler for fun.

So far, after paying for tax, tags, parts, repairs, shipping, etc... I am in to the car for $15300 and change.

For that money it is hard to find a TRUE WS6, and even still it would probably need some repairs also. The lowest priced 99 WS6 M6 I have seen in Red was $14,500. I hould have bought it, it was only 50 miles away and I could have checked it out and saved shipping.

Ebay - you get what you pay for, and usually less.

Here are some pics anyway:

http://groups.msn.com/92LXpic1/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

Good luck with the new ride, at least you are still under $10,000.

Howard
Old 09-08-2005, 08:18 AM
VSJ
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lucked out when I bought my 98 T/A M6 on ebay. I got it from an older couple who never drove it in the rain and kept the car entirely stock. It had about 47,000 miles on it and I got it for $11,500 which is a steal considering the condition of the car.