New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do the Camaro cop cars have as much power as the SS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The B4C is basically a Z28.........not an SS.........and while the 'published' horsepower figures are very conservative, the HP gain on the SS is due, primarily from the exhaust system and air box.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by marooncamaroz28
Well I guess the cops in my area are alot more into modding than the rest. The interceptor's for the state troopers have some quick cars. There's not many Corvette's on the road that can outrun them. Believe me, I've heard the stories from the guys who got caught.
We believe that you were told this, but the people who told you are full of chit.

Ask the cops what mods they had done then get back with us. Its BS dude, believe that.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marooncamaroz28
Well I guess the cops in my area are alot more into modding than the rest. The interceptor's for the state troopers have some quick cars. There's not many Corvette's on the road that can outrun them. Believe me, I've heard the stories from the guys who got caught.
Yeah right. The guys lied to you.

Why beef up a cop car when there's no car/bike faster than a radio and a full staff of cops on the street?
Old 09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive owned over 12 police packaged chevy cars and currently own a police packaged caprice...9C1, and a police camaro B4C. First off the Caprice 9C1 is a much better car then stock. 10x tighter, and better performing, however no HP difference. However I wont go on about that since we're asking about a B4C car here. Whoever said there is no interceptor camaro they are 100% right. There is no secret police options either that are removed after sale. B4C cars at auction are just removed of there equipment, and police markings. No programming, no "chip" no nothing! The rear trailing arms are different, and some B4C cars came with options that no other Z28s had until later years.
$10,000 grand for a B4C is insane! But atleast your happy with it, thats what matter most. I can care less about price if Im happy! I got a B4C 99 camaro ((I like them only because of low perduction numbers nothing else.)) 2002 interior, brand new paint (nice paint by the way) ...blaa blaa blaa $7000, (Plus $20,000 in other upgrades after I bought it.....getting custom airbrushing/paint as I type!)
Alot of police issue cars have serious issues sooner or later. They beat them hard, yet most depts having the bucks to have them maintain them well. So its a 50/50 shot if its good. Trannys often need to be rebuilt. Plus the rear ends and frond end as you can imagin takes a licking, hiding under a bridge in the dirt then slamming on it to catch someone.
I think B4C cars are underrated on this site as good values. Most people say they are the low end of the Z28 world. Yet, I disagree. If you find one in great shape and a good price they're worth every nickle. I'd rather a cop tearing up the car, and the dept paying the bill to fix it verses a 18 year old poor guy tearing his up and selling it with poor repair work done.
My B4C car is rare, as fast as any other modded car, and I love it.
Just for giggles I saw a 01 SS at a dealer nearby $23,000! Crazy, and a 00 Z28 for $16, and a V6 Camaro for $12 now thats a sick price!