New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Learning stick

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005 | 10:45 PM
Teching In

Let me give you the last reply you will need to convice yourself about learning a stickshift.......my mom is 64 years old....she has never driven a standard transmission (except for the ones that were on the column waaayyyy back in the day about 40 years ago), hasn't touched a clutch since then....I reluctantly agreed to let her drive it (my 02 ws6). She backed it out of a slightly sloped driveway, took it around the block, and about 1/2 mile down the highway and back without stalling or spinning the tires once. Now, I won't say it was the smoothest I've ever seen anyone drive, lol. But that should about sum it up for you.

But the best advice was already given a couple times before.....just do it. Yep, it's gonna be a little rough at first, yep, pulling into heavy traffic on a slope the first time will make you almost wreck, and yep, you'll probably humiliate yourself as you stall right in front of 2 hot chicks in a car next to you, while paying attention to them instead of your car during the take off from a light. (please don't ask me how I know)

After a month though (if that long), you'll be sayin'..."damn, I'm glad I didn't get an automatic!"

Quick Reply: Learning stick