New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just how rough are winters on cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are you going to school in IL? There is nothing your gonna learn hear they cant teach you some where WARM. You need to slap yourself for thinking you will like being somewhere were even your ***** go into hibernation its that cold.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
You need to slap yourself for thinking you will like being somewhere were even your ***** go into hibernation its that cold.
Seriously stay in the warmer weather and go to a school around there.

But around here it snows in Jan and Feb, but they use sand instead of salt
Old 11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The breeze off of Lake Michigan in the colder months is not quite the same as the offshore breeze coming ashore in Miami. Chiago like most colder region city's does have excellent snow removal unlike here in nePa. so driving this car is possible but not recommended.
You will encounter wind chills of -40 , lake effect snow measured in feet, piles of slush (bad push in & white knuckle loose off ), and your car can handle this if you can. The hot summers will be your time for this machine.
Mine will spend the winter on the carpet, covered , curled up next to the furnace, and only see the snow thru the garage windows. I have a 96 Eagle Talon TSIAWD that is a pure joy on the snow covered back roads around here and the SS on the same roads would scare me to near death.
This is why I went to school in Miami!