Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gonna look dumb here but, "power under the curve"

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMC_DUDE
"or pulling a horse trailer (with horse)? .
uh.... in a fbody???? or a supra????

I WANT PICS!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
Thanks man, nice write ups btw, i learned a lot stuff with them.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIDER
Thanks man, nice write ups btw, i learned a lot stuff with them.

just glad some people are still reading it
Old 11-17-2005, 06:19 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
last i checked rice was a 105 hp civic that looks like it was super magnitized then driven thru a pepboys.
LMAO.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by v8hunter
Hey enough of the supra bashing...in a drag race where the (likely bolt on only) tt supra shifted near redline (see 418 hp dyno) against the (likely full bolt on / cam) ls-1 (see 375 hp dyno) with a similar 1.9 60 foot shifting near redline. I would project the supra pulling about a 11.8-12.0 at approx 119 with the ls-1 pulling a 12.2 to 12.4 at approx 115.

I remember beating a head/cam/full bolt on ram air 01 t/a at the dragstrip with my bolt on only supra with less than $1500 in mods (no nitrous). He had a better 60 foot time so was also likely a better driver.

I really enjoyed my former tt supra and would have bought one again instead of an ls1 t/a if they weren't so damn expensive. The lack of torque below 4k sucked but the top end and handling kicked ***...and you didn't have to worry so much about breaking drivetrain parts (i.e. 10 bolt rear ends & trannys).

Makes me wonder if my 3k+ 380 rwhp ls1 buildup is gonna cost me more like 6-7k by having to add a ford 9" and a built up tranny.

stock for stock the tt supra and ls1 fbody would be a very good race though

Looks like I got a little off topic here but the power under the curve (average power rather than peak power) would give the ls1 an advantage from a roll over the tt supra.
OK, but let's not just take for granted (as some do) that the Toyota must beat the F body. There are other factors, besides the launch disadvantage (maybe) and lack of very sticky tires for non tubbed Supras, there is a possible substantial weight difference stock for stock. Most TTs came fully loaded, and there are "stripper" Z28s (like mine) out there that could be more than 250# less than the Toyota. Yes, you could pull weight out of Supra, but I'm starting lighter and can drop the same weight, for the same (or less) $$. You know, you seem cool, but so many of the Supra owners (and worshippers) on the old LS1.com board were uppity/snooty and thought that they, and their cars were infallible/unbeatable/invincible. They are the reason I got tired of dealing with that **** and gave up on that board. I do not want the same to happen here, this place is just to useful/informative!

Quick Reply: Gonna look dumb here but, "power under the curve"