Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

piston slap... bad???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carter Hays
Thanks for the info on the roof I was armed with the TSB but they tried their usual shuck and jive ****. I am dead set on getting them to do it
Then do it, walk in with that number and part # and if they don't want to do it call GM and then contact the BBB. They will help you dispute this factory covered issue.

Damn glad you didn't let 'em mess you over on your Lemon 2000. I like to hear about the customer getting some satisfaction
Nope because LS1's don't ping or shouldn't ping with 93 octane out of the factory. Even with tuning, and auto tap at the time showed the car had tons of knock retard and was rich as a pig. Still detonated it was a defect within the motor, 2 knock sensors installed for anti detonation for god's sake to retard timing and still pinged like a **** after getting to full temp. GM's arguement at the hearing was "GAS" like gasoline varies from station to station boy was she a dumb chick. Anyway what's even funnier is AC Delco which is GM's parts division emailed me back after I asked about detonation and possibly changing plugs..........they told me my LS1 should run flawlessy unless modified and to please realize that pre-ignition and detonation can cause harm to my motor.

GM picked the wrong Chick to try to dick over with a defective car

I knew my ****, GM did not and I won. My 2001 has been great no issues.

Bottom line with GM, don't back down stick it to those dumbfucks.

Quick Reply: piston slap... bad???