Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car dealers are unbelieveable...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroSS621
lol evertone says my cars are dirty as hell and I offroad them lol. But I just have a half mile dirt driveway
Sounds like getting groceries qualifies as offroading, lol.

Last edited by Ipitythefools; 03-17-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so whats everybodies tactics when they go into a dealership? this will be a good one!! do you talk numbers before you even go inside, or do you guys just act like your not interested?
Old 03-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Act like youre not interested, be a jackass, just generally **** with them and act like youve seen hundreds of cars in similar condition and its no big deal. Its a ******* game. just be a real dick to them.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

the used market is high right now. ungodly high. nothing is at auctions, so everything is going high. and WS6's...its not uncommon for them to bring over 20 at an auction, its actually quite crazy. so i believe it, is it a good price, HELL NO, but i believe it. i was at a dealership that only wanted 2k more for an 03 cobra with 25k on the clock than a WS6 with 22k on the clock. rediculous.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah, im really impressed how much more WS6 are over SS's.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

im in sales at a dealership and all day I deal with ******** trying to pull one over on me. Or they are just wasting my time and want to test drive a evo or trans am or GTO. Its very annoying that people just expect you to wait on them hand and foot. Its annoying. I dont get paid to deal with peoples ****. I get paid to sell cars.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

You can get 2000-2002 WS6's for like $20 000 CANADIAN here dude. Keep looking.
I got mine for like 13k ( 98 Trans Am M-6 with under 40 000 miles )
Old 03-18-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been looking at a 2002 WS6 with 23K on it......the dealer wants $22,990 for it and will not budge. Salesman keeps talking about how "this is not a G6 or a Grand Am....this is a WS6....you just don't see these cars very often" I could buy that argument if this was a Firehawk....but a black WS6?? I'm not willing to pay anymore than $20,000 for it.....they've only had the car for two weeks, maybe if its still on the lot after another two weeks the dealership will change its tune. Its amazing how much more these WS6's are going for when you compare them to Z28s or even an SS.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wamp42
Act like youre not interested, be a jackass, just generally **** with them and act like youve seen hundreds of cars in similar condition and its no big deal. Its a ******* game. just be a real dick to them.

You sir, are an idiot... You act like that and you CERTAINTLY won't get the best deal possible. Hell, for the $100 mini that some dealerships pay the salespeople, I've watched my sales guys kick a customer out because we don't need the aggravation. On top of that if we even GIVE you the deal you want, you are still unhappy and will blow us away on the Customer Survey. And definitely don't call us liars, cause you are no angels when it comes to that department. And god help you if you need a little "extra" help.

People, we are a business. We are here to make money. Don't like it, buy from a private party. It's as simple as that. People that act like ******** have a nickname, and luckily we only see about 15% of them out of total business. The funny thing is, you don't know how stupid you sound when you are trying to **** with us. Now I'm not saying EVERYONE is, but seriously, if you go to one dealer and get $3500 for your car that's a wholesale vehicle that the dealership won't keep, they've already called the corner lot it's gonna end up at. GUESS WHAT, my buddies down the road at three of the other local chevy stores, USE THE SAME WHOLESALER/CORNER LOT. So when you say you got $5000 and I have to match that, all i'm gonna do is laugh because we already know it's not true. That or you are gonna get, "well why didn't you buy there if it's such a good number?"

I know you guys don't care, but realize that if we take a trade in, it has to go through safety, which costs money, then if it's a GM car that can be a GM Certified, that costs additional money, then of course anything needed to FIX your car costs money. So if we take something in on trade, let's say we give you $12,500 like we did for this guy with a 75k mile 01 2500 Suburban. After safety, fixing the brakes that were never maintained from the owner, replacing tires that were needed, now we are into this thing for $14,500-$15,000. It happens ALL the time. We just try to protect ourselves from getting into a car too deep. When they said "detailing" I know here we are also taking into account any bodywork needed to be done, and any paintwork to make the vehicle perfect for the customer.

When I'm looking at the online auctions, I'm lucky I've had my buyer there at the same time, because I've bid on cars that on the OTHER side are dented up and missing a wheel, but I cannot see that. It's stupid, but I KNOW that's happened to some other guys.

"Nuff of my rant Like I said, 85% of people are an absolute pleasure to deal with.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i will say one thing though, you guys are looking at private market ranging nationwide when you are looking through the ls1tech section. you got some guys just wanting out of the car, some guys can't afford the car, some guys getting married and buying a house, etc... I bought my Z on here for CHEAPER with less miles than ones going through auctions. You guys have an advantage because you see that nationwide market and see some of the prices with all these mods are even 100% stock and kept really clean. Honestly, I think these cars on the boards are better buys then dealership cars. That's why I have NO F-bodies on the lot
Old 03-18-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
i will say one thing though, you guys are looking at private market ranging nationwide when you are looking through the ls1tech section. you got some guys just wanting out of the car, some guys can't afford the car, some guys getting married and buying a house, etc... I bought my Z on here for CHEAPER with less miles than ones going through auctions. You guys have an advantage because you see that nationwide market and see some of the prices with all these mods are even 100% stock and kept really clean. Honestly, I think these cars on the boards are better buys then dealership cars. That's why I have NO F-bodies on the lot
very very true...the only thing that can be as good as this at times is working at a bank and buying cars there for payoff...and having the entire bank chain database to do the search.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lucian
anyone from around amarillo here?

One of the dealerships has a brand new 2002 special edition transam (yes, I said brand new, never owned before). and they are asking over 40 grand for it and will not budge. At least that is what I last heard a few months ago. I went and looked at it last year and I believe that had 43,xxx for the price and they just walked off when I tried to discuss lowering the price with them.
they still have that thing? i found that thing about two years ago when i was looking around before i bought my Z. i remember they wanted some crazy amount for it. there was another collectors edition TA that was never titled somewhere else in TX too that was around 40k, but cant remember where that one was. there was also an 02 SS LE in abilene. the thing was never titled, but driven around by the owner of the lot for a year or so. they wanted 38k, if i remember right. the car had a few thousand miles on it, and as of about a year ago im pretty sure they still had it.

Last edited by luvmeZ28; 03-18-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

26k? id get a zo6
Old 03-18-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
I know you guys don't care, but realize that if we take a trade in, it has to go through safety, which costs money, then if it's a GM car that can be a GM Certified, that costs additional money, then of course anything needed to FIX your car costs money. So if we take something in on trade, let's say we give you $12,500 like we did for this guy with a 75k mile 01 2500 Suburban. After safety, fixing the brakes that were never maintained from the owner, replacing tires that were needed, now we are into this thing for $14,500-$15,000. It happens ALL the time. We just try to protect ourselves from getting into a car too deep. When they said "detailing" I know here we are also taking into account any bodywork needed to be done, and any paintwork to make the vehicle perfect for the customer.
do you always tell the potential customer the REAL amount that you have invested in the car? two friends that work at two different dealerships told me that they are told to lie and embelish the amount by a few thousand. that way if they if the lie works they still make a few extra thousand on the "deal" the customer thinks they are getting. ive sat in on quite a few new/used car purchases(some have been my own) and i always laugh when the situation gets desperate enough for them to "admit" how much they have invested in the car. and all the maint. and cleaning and inspecting that you have to do, how much does that really cost anyway? do you pay what an average joe would pay for those things? certainly not. so i doubt you would ever lose your shirt on a deal because you had to vacuum and wax a car.

and just an example of pricing. i drove to abilene to buy my Z(i knew exactly which one i wanted, and was preapproved by my bank.) the price on the car was 20.997. they were having some "big sales event" so the price was 19,997. i told them i didnt want to pay more than 16k, and the salesmanager looked at me like i was crazy. he said they had 18,xxx in the car and couldnt budge. long story short, i got dropped off there(90 miles from home) and bothered them just about all day(5hrs. or so). the salesman i had been dealing with came up to me and asked if i was sure i was pre approved by the bank, i said yes. he went and talked to some lady i hadnt seen, and came back with 16,500 as a final price. i was pretty happy with that. but that dealership lost around 2k on that deal because i was so saavy. i bet they had 11or12k on the trade in.

i understand that its a business and that you guys need to make money, but dont act like the dishonesty isnt there.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
i understand that its a business and that you guys need to make money, but dont act like the dishonesty isnt there.

Indeed....After talking to my buddy who went to the same place about 6 months ago, he told me they had a T/A he wanted and was gonna get it until he ran a carfax and it said that on its last emissions test it failed! I didn't even think you could sell a car that wont pass emissions but according to him they did. When he asked about what they would do the salesman just replied to him, "oh don't worry about that, we'll just add whatever it takes to get it up to shape on to the price of the car." My buddy just walked out...I understand the whole point of dealers putting money into the car but please don't act like your vehicles are ******* gold. If we don't get it from you, believe me we will find it somewhere else.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

dealers suck,trusting them is a act of stupidity.i know a certain chevy dealership that puts lucas in the used ls1 cars to sell them.nice huh?plus i've caught them in so many lies its complete insanity dealing with them.dealships have a bad rep because THEY ARE BAD!
Old 03-18-2006, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What did they show you that it cost them 21k from the auction? Thats ridiculous, they usually get about 70% of private party value, or at least Black Book trade in.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Just a heads up for everyone. A member here recently had a 2001 all black WS6 with 9,940 miles on it in mint condition - had hardly, if ever even seen rain - all stock - for $20,000. So be sure and do your homework so you know what you really should be offering and paying. Sure, some perfect, rare optioned cars that have been sitting in climate controlled garages and have low miles deserve and demand a high selling price. But your average daily driver that shows your average wear and tear - only deserves an average price.

Oh, and on a side note - to the guy who claimes he bought his new 2002 WS6 for $23,500 - Who paid the rest of it? HAHA! Not to mention the T,T&L! HAHA!

The honest lowest price I have ever actually seen paid for a 2002 WS6 was $27,998 plus T,T&L which would end up being right at $29,900 out the door here in TX. And naturally, that would be plus what you paid in finance charges if you didn't pay cash.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Trust
What did they show you that it cost them 21k from the auction? Thats ridiculous, they usually get about 70% of private party value, or at least Black Book trade in.
They had a sheet with 3 cars on it and he claimed that those are the cars he bought from the auction. But this wasn't like an invoice or reciept it was just like something you can make in Microsoft Word.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1999Daytona500PaceCar

Oh, and on a side note - to the guy who claimes he bought his new 2002 WS6 for $23,500 - Who paid the rest of it? HAHA! Not to mention the T,T&L! HAHA!
That would be me, gotta love corporate discounts