Old 05-14-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuel filter is on the drivers side by the rear wheel cant miss it
Old 05-14-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orbee
Hi again I was not sure if I should start a new thread or keep all my questions in this thread ? But anyways I paid 504.00 for oil ,lube and filter , tranny flush plus filter change, fuel filter , differential oil change plus gasket , and a 29 point car inspection (joke) because on Sat I was driving then my low coolant light came on . I bought some dexcool and filled my radiator . But my purge tank was full , any suggestions . I will go tomorrow to flush my coolant. Is that common for the light to go on after a so called 29 point inspection ? Hoses look good. Thanks again . And where is the fuel filter located at ? Forgot the services @ Cormier Chevrolet in Carson , Ca hence the high as amount
If the radiator was full and the overflow tank was full, the sensor might be bad. I just unplugged it and I check the coolant regularly.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't go to the stealership for service. If you're not up for it, ask friends family for recommendations on a good mechanic. Local stealership wanted ~ $600 to do a timing belt/water pump on a friends 4 banger. I steered her to a good mechanic who did it for $225, had it done b4 noon.

As for the low coolant light, those sensors are crappola, don't bother to replace it, just do what I did, disconnect it. It's located below the radiator cap.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Teching In

The car has a 40 series Flowmaster and from what I have gathered around here the Flowmaster is not a good choice for these types of cars right ? I have always lived by them since all I have ever owned where Chevy full size trucks , so my question is what would be the LOUDEST muffler I could buy without gutting the cats ? I had a Super 40 on my crew cab and it sets alarms off every morning when I went to work
Old 05-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Slp Lm1
Old 05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
Slp Lm1
Can I get a part # on that muffler ? I went to the vendor website and could not locate that muffler.