Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new Trans am owner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supermansam
oh yea more car info..55 k miles, black on black leather and it has a trans temp gauge and a cylander head temp gauge...is that normal or needed on a car with so few mod's or am i missing something.. the cylander head avg's 190 degres and the exhoust about 220 after runnin at good speeds for awhile... any good shift kits for the A4 you can drop me a link...
since its a daily driver should i look at a stall converter?
odd set up for guages sounds like a duramax lol
Old 05-08-2006, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by novi2000
try carfax? search this site for specs
They aren't doing carfax requests anymore.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

umm yea i know what your sayin,...it looks like a ws-6 clone iv seen a few but does the ws-6 say formula in the drivers side door or trans am or ws-6? i have leather and t tops as well and i just got done dusting 4 cameros in a row ranging from a 94 z-28 to an 01 SS with ram air and a throttle body...iv driven powerfull cars and it feels like 400 hp at the wheels. i need it dyno'd soon. my best friend works at a big corvette dealership and he scared himself when i let him test drive it...he was shakin when he got out...(he drives vettes all day long btw) everyone thinks ill wrap it into a tree but still.
anyone in or around virginia know of a good dyno tunner. i havent been able to find any...my car looks just like yours...ill get a pic on here ina min...

400hp at the wheels with an Auto?! I find that hard to believe without a big cam. I have a pretty big cam in the car and I'm about 30rwhp away from 400.
You have a trans temp gauge in the car already? Find out if a stall/shiftkit and cooler were put in the transmission.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Teching In

yea i changed all the fluids and it has a trans shift kit, dunno about the stall yet...havent torn into it yet ima dyno it this weekend then tear it apart the next...waitin for payday so i can get an under drive pully and msd coil packs...anyone know what company to go to for pullies/wires?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the hell are you going to waste your money on MSD coilpacks and UDPs? Seriously dude... for all the cars you supposedly own, you know nothing. (How to spell being at the top of the dee dee dee list)

Read Read Read my friend. Coilpacks should be one of the LAST things to worry about
Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

i think he just a kid. he has no idea about his car. read what he wrote. sounds like a dumbkid. or very old fool with no basic knowledge.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TX_SS
i think he just a kid. he has no idea about his car. read what he wrote. sounds like a dumbkid. or very old fool with no basic knowledge.
What do ya mean man? Are you trying to say there's no such thing as a "CAMERO"? Or how about his "recked" cars? lol
Old 05-11-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

picked up a 99 trans am couple weeks back and i got a some questions. it says formula on the title and in the door but the car has no badges ...is it a ws-6? if so what are the stock specs on a ws-6 i cant find a good page with them all listed...
just by lookin i can see a few mods slp ram air,k&n filter, slp o2 sensor jet perform chip and slp x pipes with quad trumpets and 2 cats...dont ask me why... but i checked when the dealer told me...it still has a rumble but ima cut em off and go true duel...with no cats...but yea the ram air hood is a really light plastic, is that normal for trans or is it after market? whats a good size rim and tire for this car? 17 or 18? w rated tires worth it? ill find more questions later...any advice would help...
oh yea more car info..55 k miles, black on black leather and it has a trans temp gauge and a cylander head temp gauge...is that normal or needed on a car with so few mod's or am i missing something.. the cylander head avg's 190 degres and the exhoust about 220 after runnin at good speeds for awhile... any good shift kits for the A4 you can drop me a link...
since its a daily driver should i look at a stall converter?

umm yea i know what your sayin,...it looks like a ws-6 clone iv seen a few but does the ws-6 say formula in the drivers side door or trans am or ws-6? i have leather and t tops as well and i just got done dusting 4 cameros in a row ranging from a 94 z-28 to an 01 SS with ram air and a throttle body...iv driven powerfull cars and it feels like 400 hp at the wheels. i need it dyno'd soon. my best friend works at a big corvette dealership and he scared himself when i let him test drive it...he was shakin when he got out...(he drives vettes all day long btw) everyone thinks ill wrap it into a tree but still.
anyone in or around virginia know of a good dyno tunner. i havent been able to find any...my car looks just like yours...ill get a pic on here ina min...
he obviously has no clue about these cars....cuz
first, he takes a loook at his car and noticed "jet performan chip" ?? how the fock can you see that?? please educate me

second, he beat an 01 SS with ram air and throttle body??? to me all the SS look alike.esp when you cant clear see the rims. im sure he didnt just look/hear the car and tell us that it has throttle body and RAMAIR ROFL.

third, this is the BEST; his BEST friend works at the "BIG" corvette dealership and he sacred himself when he drove his TA.. he was shaking when he got out... ROFL~!! if this is true he is 100% *****. obviously his BEST friend doesnt drive C5 all day long. guess the BIG corvette dealership havent had a chance to buy a Z06. oh once again please remember, this is only 400hp car... cuz he said so....
Old 05-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Teching In

My 1993 VW golf has 400 hp at the wheels too.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Oh sorry I meant 40 HP.