New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

manual or auto? dont know what i want...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes I wish I got a M6 but I feel I made the right choice at the time. Autos are more pratical but if you get one you ae going to want a stick for the fun. If you get a stick when you are stuck in traffic just sitting waiting for traffic to move up far enough before you move for 45 minutes you will want an auto.They both have there pros and cons just get what you think is right for you at this time if I ever get a vette it will be a manual for sure. When i test drove my car I kept trying to find the clutch and shift cause i was used to a stick the SS wasonly the second auto car i had driven I still keep my hand in the shifter alot for some reason.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im with alot of guys in that availability and price paid huge roles. I found my car in the color, year, and price i could afford.....at that point i could give a **** less if it was an M6 or A4, i wanted a WS6 and i bought it. That bein said, have you drove both kinds???? Some guys say that they would not trade their M6 for an A4 for nothin and vice versa, but have never even drove the other???? Both can haul ***, so dont let that be the issue. I HARDLY EVER get street races, so most races i get are at the strip......Where a stalled A4 is in its territory Good luck