New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth paying more for the SS then the z28?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose to purchase a Z28 over the SS
Old 05-14-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

for me, I'd have gone either way, but I found the right SS and couldn't be happier...

my ex had a Z28 and though I loved it, something about it didn't look just right... so when I saw the SS, and saw that it had less miles than the majority of Z28's in that same price range, I jumped, and it took about a month to get the ****** down here, but I'm glad I got what I did.

to me, the SS just adds a bit of flair... you can't go wrong with either one, when it comes down to it, if you like the look, get one, if not, get the Z28 ...

my SS was a stripper model, I don't give a ****, it even had cloth interior, which is fine, the person before me added leather seats that are in better condition than most peoples leather seats of the same year... I won't complain about that, nor am I going to complain that the interior color is somewhat odd... I can replace that later if need be.

but I got my 2001 SS with T-Tops, 6 Speed, Cloth/Leather interior and the ZR1 wheels...

couldn't be happier ... the car came to me for $16k + shipping from WA to TX with less than 14,000 miles on it
Old 05-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Teching In

I found a black on black 2000 SS for $14, but its has 80k miles on it. It has some mods so im not sure if i want one that someone moded with 80k. think i'll wait for one with lower miles that i can biuld. Either a SS or z28 wat ever i find first i'll buy.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slowls1
True the ss looks better, Maybe I forgot to add that my z28 I bought already came with a different hood, came with the ultra z hood I happen to like it.
i agree with this. i don't like the Z28 because of the ford taurus hood they put on it. seriously, what were they thinking?

the SS is a great looking car, but if you say 3k by buying the Z28, you can take 2k, put rims and a painted hood on it, and have a home-made SS and still save $1000 dollars. now you can get headers too. definitley buy the Z28.

i just bought a firebird formula over the WS6's because you save 5 grand AND get lower miles. with the money saved, i'll just throw on a hood and mod it next summer. BAM, the same looking car that goes tons faster.