Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hard starting

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hard starting

I have a 98 z28, it doesn't want to start on the first crank, usually takes 2 or 3 times. I had thought it was fuel pressure bleeding off, but since it usually starts first time in the morning I don't think thats it. Also tried swapping the fuel pump relay, no change. Seems like it's related to temperature, the warmer it is the harder it is to get started.

Someone told me that there is a mechanism to squirt an additional amount of gas when starting, how could I check that?

Thanks!
Garry
Old 05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

nope ,no such thing that squirts extra fuel to start.I'll bet if you check your holding fuel pressure when the car is not running its dropping off too quickly.That will let the fuel boil in the fuel rail while the car sits there heat soaking making it hard to start.The fuel pressure must hold in order to prevent fuel boiling in the rail.TEST IT!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Well I guess I will have to break down and test it, but I still don't understand why it would start in the morning, seems like if the pressure bleeds off the morning would be the worst time..........any other ideas?? Thanks for your help!!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Banned

because the fuel is NOT boiling in fuel rail in the morning on a cold start.