New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roll racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006 | 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
I think anyone who claims to be a hot rodder and says that they have never driven down the road, had a car challenge them and punched it is probably lying. I would be suprised if there is one single member here who has never raced from a roll at some point in their life.

Maybe 20 years ago when I was young and stupid............. why take the risks, and not of tickets, but of someone getting injured or killed even if they aren't involved............. I guess being 40-ish, married, having a nice home, kids, and a good all around life isn't worth losing to me, and many people.

Take it to the track, and when the ricer next to you wants to race on the street, think of who you might effect if something unexpected happens...... sorry, I just hate to hear this stuff............. I'm not at all surprised that the starter of this thread is only 23 or so......... as you get older and appreciate life more you realize just how "not-so-smart" street racing is....

Last edited by qwiktim; 05-26-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2006 | 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by qwiktim
Maybe 20 years ago when I was young and stupid............. why take the risks, and not of tickets, but of someone getting injured or killed even if they aren't involved............. I guess being 40-ish, married, having a nice home, kids, and a good all around life isn't worth losing to me, and many people.

Take it to the track, and when the ricer next to you wants to race on the street, think of who you might effect if something unexpected happens...... sorry, I just hate to hear this stuff.............
Well, I'm almost 40ish, and I'll still do a little run from a roll. Not in the middle of town or around any traffic or people, but hey, I'm no saint. Roll racing is not a ricer thing. They don't race from rolls. They weave in and out of traffic cutting people off to show their true driving skills and hope they can get through the intersection before the light turns red and hoping you catch the red light so they can "win". That is a ricer. Personally for me, if I spend many many thousands of dollars making my car go fast to do nothing with it except to go down a one quarter of a mile track whenever I got the chance to go to one, then it would have been a horrible finincial decision and not enough fun per dollar.
Old 05-27-2006 | 12:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by qwiktim

Take it to the track, and when the ricer next to you wants to race on the street, think of who you might effect if something unexpected happens...... sorry, I just hate to hear this stuff............. I'm not at all surprised that the starter of this thread is only 23 or so......... as you get older and appreciate life more you realize just how "not-so-smart" street racing is....
I'm over 40. Have the wife and kids and house 2 cats and a dog and a ******* fast Camaro. Some ricer wants to see how fast a real car is I give them a taste if the situation is right. Not every kid is street racing on a crowded sidewalk. The guy wanted to know how to build a roll racer, not get a lecture on the evils of street racing and how one person lost his ***** and is affraid to die now. call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner
I realize that there are iditos out there who kill people. Usually you see them in hondas and acuras. I only roll with someone who: A. Looks like they actually could beat me.(and the situation is right) B. Appreciates my car and isnt driving like a jackass to get me to roll. (and the situation is right). I've turned down many a race because I didnt like the situation. Either I was in town or there was traffic or the other car wasnt worth my gas. Yes its highly illegal but when the situation is right its a lot fun between car enthusiasts. My car is built to be safe at its power level and speed.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 05-27-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-27-2006 | 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Wink

Ah do a quick mod. Put a 150 shot on and go for it.

Quick Reply: roll racing