New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at getting into my first C5, hows this one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006 | 07:35 PM
On The Tree

That looks like a pretty good deal. Offer him 19k and work up from there. 20k would still be a good deal with all those Mods. Just my Opinion.
Old 06-12-2006 | 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Unless you are considering stroking this bad boy and putting in some new pistons I think I would hold out for the FRC, or the ZO6. Don't forget about a new clutch and all the labor involved. Suspension is probably getting tired. 100,000 miles on everything. You have no history with this car, so you have no idea how far off anything is from when it was new/newer. The only way to get that piece of mind is to replace everything and start fresh. If you are going to do that, why don't you just go buy a new one then. Sorry for being wordy but that was my .02 cents. I was very fortunate and got my 2000 FRC with less then 1 mile showing. Lots of O.T. worked to get her for my Birthday. What a gift to myself. LOL. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2006 | 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Unless you are considering stroking this bad boy and putting in some new pistons I think I would hold out for the FRC, or the ZO6. Don't forget about a new clutch and all the labor involved. Suspension is probably getting tired. 100,000 miles on everything. You have no history with this car, so you have no idea how far off anything is from when it was new/newer. The only way to get that piece of mind is to replace everything and start fresh. If you are going to do that, why don't you just go buy a new one then. Sorry for being wordy but that was my .02 cents. I was very fortunate and got my 2000 FRC with less then 1 mile showing. Lots of O.T. worked to get her for my Birthday. What a gift to myself. LOL. Good luck.
Ya thats why I'm thinking the white one is a much more solid buy. Most all of the things have been replaced and it has 83k miles and about all the mods I could ever want.
Old 06-13-2006 | 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would say with those mods I would get it but the miles are killing me. Yet it all depends on who owned the car and how it was driven. I'd offer 15K, that's what I've seen them go for.
Old 06-13-2006 | 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a fair enough deal and I understand where you're coming from with the mods already being done. Just don't expect a vast improvement in fit and finish or noises, squeaks, rattles as the C5's I've been in were every bit as bad as the fbody in those areas especially once they get some age on them. But there is just something magical about a owning a vette though I can understand that. I've always wanted one it just never seemed very practical with a family. At least with the fbody my son can still fit in the back seat for now
Good luck!
Old 06-13-2006 | 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Well guys, I've Very much interested in the white one over the blue and I'm currently trying to sell the camaro and take out an auto loan for the white vette. The condition of that one seems alot better.
Old 06-13-2006 | 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you were quick, you could've got it for 18k
Old 06-13-2006 | 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mattkimsey
If you were quick, you could've got it for 18k
nah bro, that wasn't happening.