New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Bad's an Auto Going To Beat Me? Race or Not Cont.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Bad's an Auto Going To Beat Me? Race or Not Cont.

I started the whole to race or not to race discussion. I can shift, but I just don't think I could beat the same car equipped with an automatic. Automatics are just more consistant and that's what racing is about. My friend has a whored out Z28. I mean everyone's beat this thing. It's totally stock an automatic, around 90,000 miles, no lid, factory exhaust, on street tires this weekend it ran 13.20's. That's with an in-experienced young punk in it. It's all about bragging rights isn't? Maybe I need to go out there and let him clean my clock, and then I won't be afraid to mod my car. But wouldn't an automatic be better. I know there's 6 speed cars out there with so much motor your mother could run an 11, but what would she run if it were an auto?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it depends on the driver of the M6, i have a couple of friends who can make there M6's look like there auto's cause there that good, but if u suck your gonna get your *** handed to u.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go from a roll that'll give you the advantage
Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverta16
I started the whole to race or not to race discussion. I can shift, but I just don't think I could beat the same car equipped with an automatic. Automatics are just more consistant and that's what racing is about. My friend has a whored out Z28. I mean everyone's beat this thing. It's totally stock an automatic, around 90,000 miles, no lid, factory exhaust, on street tires this weekend it ran 13.20's. That's with an in-experienced young punk in it. It's all about bragging rights isn't? Maybe I need to go out there and let him clean my clock, and then I won't be afraid to mod my car. But wouldn't an automatic be better. I know there's 6 speed cars out there with so much motor your mother could run an 11, but what would she run if it were an auto?
Man that all depends on how good you drive. There are alot of times where an A4 with the same mods as an M6 is slower. There are alot of times when the A4 is faster.

If learn how to drive your car and you hit your gears, then you should have no problem beating an auto.

BTW, 13.2's bone stock with street tires is pretty impressive.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Launching!

dont worry bout it
just race him see what happens.

if you lose
spray it
Old 07-12-2006, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

That was my plan.