New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want a highway QUEEN

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah I typoed something I believe those were the C6 numbers. Anyway, interesting to see the Cd of a Caprice is the same as a Camaro.

And yes the Z06 does suffer from the notch back, I'm curious what that does with the lift characteristics and why they chose that. I may ask someone on the Corvette team out of curiousity.

Brian
Old 08-02-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
And yes the Z06 does suffer from the notch back, I'm curious what that does with the lift characteristics and why they chose that. I may ask someone on the Corvette team out of curiousity.

Brian
structural rigidity
Old 08-03-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Yeah I typoed something I believe those were the C6 numbers. Anyway, interesting to see the Cd of a Caprice is the same as a Camaro.

Brian
The Caprice Camaro thing is funny. Most would instantly assume the Camaro is MUCH more aero because it looks like it is.

I can't remember which Audi had a .28cd the A4 or A6 or something else. I was stunned by it's box like appearance and the fact that it was marginally better than a C5 coupe.

Glass is HEAVY. I would imagine removing the hatch glass and replacing it with much lighter plastic "trunk lid" was a good way to shave weight.

Also there is no Targa with the FRC which would help stiffen things up a bit.

That'd be my best guess...
Old 08-03-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by will82
Check out this thread at the forced induction section of corvetteforum. 402 maggie vs. 402 twin turbo video. Boost lag is made up for, VERY quickly and in a VERY big way.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1454297
I have driven PD blown, Centrifugal blown,TT, and Single Turbo cars and the cars that got that give that initial "whack!" the best.

The hardest Charging car I have EVER been in has a Procharger on it. I think for ultimate power a Turbo set-up is where it's at.I just haven't been in once quicker than THAT car.

750 RWHP is not impossible with a screw type PD blower and some extra inches. Also it's alot easier to package. I think Magnacharger has a C6 with a 402 making something like 700+ don't they?

700rwhp doesn't sound liek alot anymore with all of these guys cresting 800+ with Turbos and even N/A now but get in a car with 700rwhp and and a great wide TQ curve then prepare to get set back in your seat!!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Also: There is nothing wrong with the STS kit. It works and there is proof of that by the Vettes that have gone quick and made good power with them.