Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new here

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation new here

hi my name is Joel im from Oklahoma. I am going to buy an Rx7 and put and Ls1 in it. I was just looking for some advice and help on what kind of heads and cam i should get. I have no knowledge of american motors at all so be easy on the lingo. Thanx for the help.

p.s. how much dose a Ls1 usually go for with everything needed to do a swap.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find a used LS1 for around $2-3000. You will also need a compatable trans: T56 6 speed, or 4L60E auto and a custom drive shaft. I dont know how strong the rear end is in the FD3S/FC but expect to upgrade it. The engine is good for 345hp and 350lb/ft. Sport Compact Car is running an article this month on the subject it can offer some inspiration.
As far as modifications on the LS1, its what ever your heart desires. Ask yourself what your goals are, since you are looking at putting this in an RX7 I'll assume you are going to want a corner carver. I would say the best modification will be to get used to this monster your making. Its not that difficult to make 400 to the wheels and the torque will be down right scary in comparison. Good luck it sounds like an ambitious project.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Check out the Conversions & Hybrids section:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps-28/
Old 08-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx, i was planning on going with the hinson kit to do the swap and i was also planning on having this to be my daily driver. Hopefully all will work out for the craziest. =)