Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body shop problem (trans am)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body shop problem (trans am)

Hey guys I am not a new LS1 owner but I am new here. I recently was the victim of a hit and run. This was the damage

So I had a body shop fix my car and they did a great job, except for one thing. Before I brought the car in my fog lamps would run as long as I had the switch on my dash turn on (the lights didn't need to be on). Origionally after I got the car back the fog lamps wouldn't come on at all.. I brought the car back to the shop and they can only get the lamps to come on when the lights are on. I am not much of a mechanic so I can't tell the mechanic why it worked the way it did. The mechanic says that this is how the car is designed to work. I know that when I see another trans am they almost always have the fog light on during the day without their main lights on. The manual says they should only be on when the lights are on tho.

Do you guys think its possible that since I bought the car used that the prior owner did a mod to the car to have the fog light draw power even when the main headlights aren't on? I just always assumed everyones Trans Am has that option if flipped the switch on the dash.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes the light switch inside the car, turn it once to the right that should turn on the fog lights nothing else then when you turn it the 2nd time it should flip up the lights and turn them on along with the fog lights unless there on bright.. then the fog lights will go off.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

I've never seen fog lights on without at least the parking lights switched on. The day-time running lights will be on but the fogs shouldn't with the switch in the off position. You may be right...the previous owne might have modded it. It's not biggie, I think. It'll save you some life on those fogs so you can use them at night when you really need them. :-)
Old 09-13-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have to turn the light switch to the middle to get my fog lights to come on. Thats how it was designed to work like stated above ^^. try that and see if they will come on
Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Teching In

well we got the fog lamps to work now but when I went to pick up the car now the display on the radio is super dim... so they still have my car .. Fun electrical problems