New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everytime I sell a car to a teenager they wreck it...pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people need to learn how to drive! and control their car! I like powerslidin on the freeway between 2 cop cars at 120 mph baby!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the risk of sounding like an old man, these kids are f#cking stupid these days.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I started off with a 94 Grand Prix when i was 14 and then went to a 1997 Z28 when i was 16. A BIG change in power but i had to ease up to it to learn the power. Now i have a 1999 Trans Am and i got it when i was 18. I have never wrecked any of these cars but still had some controlled fun. I didnt ever mess around when there was lots of traffic or pretty much were there was people because i didnt want them turning me in. And I did try to have too much fun in the rain or snow either!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
people need to learn how to drive! and control their car! I like powerslidin on the freeway between 2 cop cars at 120 mph baby!!!!
I agree! But **** does happend sometimes. I think dads do need to take little JR out to the big parking lots to practice and do some figure eight burnouts.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 10-09-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

one guy bought my low 12s all motor 5.0 for his 17 yr old kid. crazy ******. that car had cut springs, stock suspension, 15" draglites and stock brakes....REAR DRUMS! it handled like **** and squirley as hell...especially when the dragradials were cold.

ran a carfax and it was in an accident, no surprise.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oatmeal
I agree! But **** does happend sometimes. I think dads do need to take little JR out to the big parking lots to practice and do some figure eight burnouts.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Launching!

i had a 5 speed GMC sonoma with a 4 cylinder and now have a 00 T/A WS6. when i got my 00 T/A ram air the owner told me to keep the shiny side up right before i was about to leave. ive had nothing yet but some people really **** me off on the road. its a good thing i pay attention or they would hit me and that would not be a good thing for them to do. with me being 19 insurance is crazy.

Last edited by muddmanWS6; 10-11-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

I think its hilarious. Im 19 and i have been driving/ racing my whole life. jr dragsters, go karts, autocross. I have never caused an accident, i have been sideswiped by a cop and rear-ended by a 16 (the first day he had his liscence). I have had my share of speeding tickets only one on a residential road. I find it hilarious b/c all of my friends when they do new mods on their cars they want me to drive it for the first time and push it to the limit. I own a neon, its an automatic and my friends want me to take out their 40000 dollar roush racing mustangs and ws6 firebirds and do a 1/4 with them. They always ask me why i dont just spin tires down the street. * we have race nights on a small highway thats got traffic lights* and i tell them to pick their foot up a little bit. Drag racing doesnt mean foot on the floor especially when you dont have the tires/ suspension to handle it. My buddy with his roush always freaks out b/c the cars tires slip and sometimes the rear end kicks out a little on me but i just drive the track. His best time in his roush is like 14.1 i have run 12.9 in the same car without using juice. His best 60 ft time is 2.9 seconds and i average 2.0. I have only driven the car twice on a track, once off the track on the way there.

I think kids and i know i am one, need to wake up behind the wheel, turn your radio down so you can actually hear traffic. Everybody needs to put their cellphones down, and ppl have to learn how to use their directional signals. And turn your head around and actually check your blind spot.

Here is my guidelines when i teach my friends how to drive:

1) Respect the car
2) Pay attention to the road
3) Always signal and check blindspots
4) Practice proper driving etiquette, ie flashing lights for semi's, waving b/c someone let you go stuff like that.
5) Your pedal does not need to meet your floor at any time for any reason.
6) Dont go more than 15 over when you can see more than 3 cars.
7) Never speed on residental streets especially school zones.
8) IF all else fails, hold the wheel the direction you want to go and let go of all of the pedals till you feel the car start to grip again. especially during the winter.
9)Dont do burnouts/donuts in inhabited parking lots
10) You dont need to run high boost/ juice cause you can, just turn it down for daily driving.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

I am now 20 and I have had a performance car ever since I was able to drive. It is rediculous of how high the insurance is for me. I have never had an incident and I have been driving for over 4 years. 82 carlo 350, 82 Silverado 4x4 38's, 88 Iroc, 78 malibu 350, 98 z now and 05 tc for gas. when I first got the scion it was 1000 every 6 months and the z is 300. REDICULOUS I go to college and work full time for my cars. AND if i told the insurance company I can race......ouch Weekend nights at the dragstrips can be prosperous if your on the tree!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by like the view?
I think its hilarious. Im 19 and i have been driving/ racing my whole life. jr dragsters, go karts, autocross. I have never caused an accident, i have been sideswiped by a cop and rear-ended by a 16 (the first day he had his liscence). I have had my share of speeding tickets only one on a residential road. I find it hilarious b/c all of my friends when they do new mods on their cars they want me to drive it for the first time and push it to the limit. I own a neon, its an automatic and my friends want me to take out their 40000 dollar roush racing mustangs and ws6 firebirds and do a 1/4 with them. They always ask me why i dont just spin tires down the street. * we have race nights on a small highway thats got traffic lights* and i tell them to pick their foot up a little bit. Drag racing doesnt mean foot on the floor especially when you dont have the tires/ suspension to handle it. My buddy with his roush always freaks out b/c the cars tires slip and sometimes the rear end kicks out a little on me but i just drive the track. His best time in his roush is like 14.1 i have run 12.9 in the same car without using juice. His best 60 ft time is 2.9 seconds and i average 2.0. I have only driven the car twice on a track, once off the track on the way there.

I think kids and i know i am one, need to wake up behind the wheel, turn your radio down so you can actually hear traffic. Everybody needs to put their cellphones down, and ppl have to learn how to use their directional signals. And turn your head around and actually check your blind spot.

Here is my guidelines when i teach my friends how to drive:

1) Respect the car
2) Pay attention to the road
3) Always signal and check blindspots
4) Practice proper driving etiquette, ie flashing lights for semi's, waving b/c someone let you go stuff like that.
5) Your pedal does not need to meet your floor at any time for any reason.
6) Dont go more than 15 over when you can see more than 3 cars.
7) Never speed on residental streets especially school zones.
8) IF all else fails, hold the wheel the direction you want to go and let go of all of the pedals till you feel the car start to grip again. especially during the winter.
9)Dont do burnouts/donuts in inhabited parking lots
10) You dont need to run high boost/ juice cause you can, just turn it down for daily driving.

hmmmm......
Old 10-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Teching In

You know what should make us all even more sick? Those will probly be one of several that fall victim to dumb teenage drivers. Either rebuilt, salvaged, or sat in the back yard, so the kids who think they are professional drivers, in a video game, or movie scene can learn from their mistakes. The reality never sets in till they have that first wreck. But it clears everything up real fast, I remember my first wreck as we all do. And that made me learn from ever driving on road-ways like an idiot. Cause if some dumb-*** hits my family cause he was "STREET RACING" and lives, Im guessing yall can be creative with the rest of that statement.

Anyway, all Im trying to say is. LEAVE THE RACING FOR THE STRIP. It could save your life. And if you like High speed racing they have events for that as well. The road outside your house that leads to the store or the mall isnt a race course. Its a pathway for TRANSPORTATION only! Thanks.

Respectfully,
Chris
Old 10-22-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

...******* retarded idiots making me pay more insurance....my first car was a 91 'bird, no wrecks no tickets, i traded that in on my current car, im now 21 no wrecks no tickets..
Old 10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Teching In

im 16 now, ill be the first to admit that many people nowadays, even kids i know in school, are ungodly responsible with cars...

one factor i think contributes to it is the fact that they dont pay for the gas, car or insurance

im really trying to buy a fourth gen on a limited budget, and be able to insure it
and all i can say is if im paying for all that, i really dont wanna **** up a car i paid for, or raise already high insurance rates...

in general, people my age+fast cars = no good...
Old 10-31-2006, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

that would make me more careful about who i sell my cars too. There is no way that i would sell my car to anybody under that age of 25. To much power, and i don't personally think that most of them can handle the power. They always feel the need to show off to friends, or race, etc... and that always leads to them wrecking the car.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

I've been driving f-body cars since I got my license, it's been almost 9 years and I currently own 2 now.

In that span I've gotten 2 speeding tickets with nearly a year apart on them. I've had my car rear ended lightly twice and I've done a few spin outs in really bad weather.

For the most part, I've been very responsible about my driving, racing has and always will be at the track and I look forward to getting the next Camaro to be added to my collection.

Needless to say, we were all 16 once and we did stupid things, but really, should we be commenting on a generation that knows nothing about what real torque and power is?

At least when I was growing up, my dad drove nothing but Camaros and Firebirds spanning 3 generations. I had somewhat of a clue of how to drive these cars. The same can't be said of today's generation.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SladeX
I've been driving f-body cars since I got my license, it's been almost 9 years and I currently own 2 now.

In that span I've gotten 2 speeding tickets with nearly a year apart on them. I've had my car rear ended lightly twice and I've done a few spin outs in really bad weather.

For the most part, I've been very responsible about my driving, racing has and always will be at the track and I look forward to getting the next Camaro to be added to my collection.

Needless to say, we were all 16 once and we did stupid things, but really, should we be commenting on a generation that knows nothing about what real torque and power is?

At least when I was growing up, my dad drove nothing but Camaros and Firebirds spanning 3 generations. I had somewhat of a clue of how to drive these cars. The same can't be said of today's generation.
I think it's important to state that to the majority of this generation and not the entirety of it.

-Mike
Old 10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

massive majority....90%+
Old 10-31-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by staringback05
massive majority....90%+
I completely agree
Old 11-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Teching In

I have had 3 f body's my first car was a 97 ws6 formula I hit a deer,fence,tree same accident.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

im 19 with a t/a =) my first car. i do stupid **** in it. woot woot.