Sponsored by:

Everytime I sell a car to a teenager they wreck it...pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:46 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgt0704
because when MOST kids get a fast car, they do stupid **** at the wrong times. and from reading this post, that's what has happened. i'm not going as overboard about it as you are, i just know that when my kids are ready for their license, they can start out on the cavalier.

When I joined the Army at age 18, I sold my "high school hot rod" to a 19 year old neighbor. Within a year he had spun out and hit a wall, totaling the car.

I am picky who I sell cars to... as long as I can afford to be picky. If my financial situation were to become dire (knocks on wood) I may not have the luxury of being selective, but for now I won't sell one of my prized rides to somebody who I think is a knucklehead that will beat it to death (his or the car's).
Old 11-06-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a self proclaimed gear head and i have owned my share of hot rods at a young age. My first car was a 98 ranger, which I throughly abused, and then i got a 98 cobra, then a 93 mustang lx coupe with a decently built 306, and i know own a heavily modded 2000 SLP SS camaro and I am only 21.

I will admit that responsibility comes with age. If i would have had any of the last 3 cars first, i wouldnt be here to tell you about it. I remember when i got my license within 15 minutes i was power braking, burning out, and power sliding my truck. When you grow up around cars and you pretty much live for them that stuff is gonna happen.

Be wise to who you sell you Hot Rod too and dont just give it to the first 16 year old who comes up with money and you could be saving his life. Ask them questions to anylize their responsibility and car konwledge to see how they are gonna drive it and take car of it.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

I'm 17, I got my 02 WS6 at 16....No wrecks at all...I did crash my 95 3.4L Camaro on a curb and bent an axle...Learned my lesson... THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

1 minor speeding ticket, which doesn't effect your insurance. (I JUST pulled back into my lane after passing someone.. cop nailed me, but not the guy in the black 3/4 that passed 5 of us all at once and blew by me at around 170+km/h while I was clocked at 134km/h. Why? Because he pulled into town and hid before the cop whipped around and came back, so he nailed me, giving me the big lecture like I'm 16.. )

I've taken driver's training.

Been driving and insured for 11 years now.

No accidents.

Living with my g/f for over a year, which makes us common law (same as married according to insurance company)

Yet I'm paying 2160/year in insurance...

And you're talking about the young guys paying high prices?
I'm almost 30 and I've done nothing wrong, yet I'm taking it up the tail pipe for other peoples mistakes.

I can totally relate to this guy's video:

http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/...tax-200276.php