New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted you to push start it as if it was the battery it would given you enough charge to prove it ... also a very important thing to know how to do if your starter / clutch remote switch or some other starter failure.
To Push start the car simply get it rolling fast enough (make sure the ignition is on) put the car in 2nd gear and pop the clutch.
a 1 on an ohm meter represents an open circuit to infinity so you made the correct choice .. good on ya !
Old 09-30-2006, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Ya I did not know that the 1 meant infinite but I figured it had to. As for push starting the car that is how I thought it was done but I just wanted to make sure.

Now for how I fixed it. First you have to remove the kick panels to expose the base of the petals. Its like 4 bolts and a few little of those plastic pop rivets (There not really rivets I just don't know what else to call them.) Just pull down on them and they will pop out. Now look at the clutch petal. There are two switches. One is pressed when the petal is not depressed. It is white and I am not sure what it is for. The other is pressed when the clutch petal is depressed. This is the one I replaced. It is black and about 1.5 in by .75in. It is attached the car by a little bracket. To get it off of the bracket you just need to push it up towards the gauge cluster. It is pretty easy to see how to do it when you get in there and look at it. Now you just need to disconnect the wires. They connect through one of those little plastic connectors like everything else in the car. Now you just reverse the steps and put everything back together. It is really very simple. If I was not clear just let me know and I will try and do better.

Thanks for you help everyone.
Adam
Old 10-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Glad you got it running man.